Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2014, 06:01 AM   #1
boohockey
boohockey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
My Kindle 3 has no response at all!

I have not used my Kindle 3 for a long time and it has no response at all
when i plug it in, the charging LED will turn on and keep on for about 10 seconds, then it will go off
the screen has nothing on
after i hold the power button for at least 60 seconds, nothing happened
after 10 hours of "charging", nothing happened either

anyone knows what is wrong with it and how to fix it?
boohockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:41 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you leave a lithium battery (such as the Kindle has) for too long without charge, the battery will be damaged and cannot be recharged. It sounds as if this is what's happened, unfortunately. The only solution is to replace the battery.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2014, 10:39 AM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Did you plug it into a wall outlet, or your computer's USB port?

I'd try charging it via a wall outlet, and if that doesn't work, try with a different outlet adapter and a different USB cord. If that doesn't work, the battery is likely completely dead.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:47 PM   #4
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Try leaving it plugged into a wall charger for several days. I'd left my old HP Touchpad unused for many months and it took a whole week connected to a wall charger to even get the "empty battery" screen displayed, there was absolutely no sign of life for 7 days (and rather surprisingly, the battery's been absolutely fine since)
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:24 PM   #5
boohockey
boohockey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I tried different adapter and the longest time i tried was like 12 hours
I will see what i can do
thanks
boohockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert