Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #1
eteaparty
eteaparty began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
eteaparty - Twitter conversation about books and tea

Hello, I thought this may be of interest to you.

On the 24th of April, between 7-9pm (GMT) there will be an event on Twitter called eteaparty. It's essentially an online teaparty, or, a big live conversation with preset topics all around the theme of books and tea and using the hashtag #eteaparty.

I'm hoping to get lots of people who enjoy chatting about books to join in, and the aim is the make likeminded, bookish friends and contacts. I have some writers taking part, and now I'm spreading the word to readers too. Hopefully I'll see some of you there! If you'd like more info, have a look at https://twitter.com/eteaparty.
eteaparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Or maybe you can hang out with us where we do that everyday
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2014, 05:47 AM   #3
eteaparty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Or maybe you can hang out with us where we do that everyday
Not quite - this is a live event, as opposed to a forum, and there will be some well known writers taking part.

This is a great forum, though, and I'll be sure to spend more time here.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:52 AM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Like?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:53 AM   #5
eteaparty

Smile

Hi
I'm sorry - I only just got notification of your message and the eteaparty was last night. We had great fun with an average of 1 tweet every 6 seconds over the two hour stretch and we ended up trending in Canada , which was strange because most of us were in the UK. I think there were lots of RTs across the North Atlantic. Lots of authors got involved - if you hop onto twitter and search the hashtag you can see what it was like, if you're still interested we're going to do it again on 19th June.
Advert