Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
Vaesse
Zealot
Vaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Paperwhite Envelope Case?

I just got my first Kindle Paperwhite (upgraded from a Kindle Keyboard). I am now looking for a case to protect it.

The type of case I prefer is:
- leather (or pleather, or whatever)
- somewhat firm (cardboard inserts?)
- envelope style case with magnetic closure
so that I can read it naked but protect it when I'm carrying it between reading.

I tried to order a generic envelope case from Amazon, but it's WAY too big (I guessed at a 7in tablet size). Anybody have any ideas of a case that might meet my specifications?

NOTE: I tried to do a search on the forums but couldn't find anything similar. If this has already been beat to death in another thread, please direct me there?
Vaesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Hiya! I have a bunch of those in different colors. What you want is the Ex-Point leather digital reader case for a 6" reader. It'll still be too big but it won't be swimming in it like it would with a case made for a 7" reader. I don't know if they still make them anymore but that sounds like what you're describing.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2013, 06:20 AM   #3
Vaesse
Zealot
Vaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolate

Thank you... I'll look into those. Though, at this point, I'm beginning to think I may have to have my husband dust off his leather working kit and make one specifically for it. Guess I've been lucky so far to find sleeves like this for the rest of my electronics.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
irandamay
irandamay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad 3, iPhone 5S
Oberon makes some wonderful leather stuff. They make a sleeve with a magnetic closure for the smaller e-readers like the Paperwhite: http://oberondesign.com/e-reader-cov...i-sleeves.html
irandamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
Vaesse
Zealot

Those look amazing... exactly what I wanted, but of course, a bit out of the budget at the moment. Still, I'll be saving up for it and if I can't find anything less expensive that works and hubby ends up failing in the quest to make one for me, I'll be getting one (hopefully by early next year).
Advert
Old 10-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #6
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Hello Vaesse...

I have a Kensington Simple Sleeve.

No magnetic closure, but it does not need one.

The link I have posted is Kensington's own, but if you shop around you can find these for more like $10. I did.

It is not at all bulky, and the Kindle (up to Paperwhite in size) is a snug fit, and well protected. It will not slip out of the sleeve, and nothing is going to scratch the Kindle either.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #7
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I had posted the same question elsewhere on these forums, I was unaware of Vaesse interest in the same type of cover that that I am looking for. I have been doing some hunting on the internet turning up some things that Vaesse will no doubt be interested in my results.

The cheapest prices on these types of cases are at, this should come as no surprise to anyone, are at ebay where I can cut Bernard's price by 50% to $5. The lowest non-ebay price that I have found is at rakuten, where I can beat Bernard's price but just barely at $9.95. If you don't trust companies that you have never heard of, sometimes a wise decision, then the store Brenard bought his will be about as low as you are going to get. Kensington is a good name in computer hardware, this would most likely be considered to be hardware. Kensington is best known for their Secure Digital cards although sometimes I get the compact flash cards from them.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #8
Vaesse
Zealot

That's more my speed. I should be able to get that in a couple of weeks (instead of early next year). Thanks!
Old 11-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #9
Vaesse
Zealot

jbcohen, what search term are you using to find this style of case (outside of searching for the specific products mentioned in this thread)? I tried with and without the keywords "Paperwhite," "leather," "envelope," and/or "sleeve" and with and without approximate measurements, and had no luck whatsoever finding what I wanted. I'm usually pretty decent at finding things on the Internet, but I missed the boat on this!
Old 11-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #10
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

At shopping.google.com I enter the term kindle paperwhite sleeve.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #11
Vaesse
Zealot

Ah, that's part of it. Never went directly to the google shopping search. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #12
jbcohen
Wizard

Also try mysimon.com and nextag.com. And always remember to add shipping to the cost of any store. My current offers are:

etsy: $20
EBay's Senyx-direct $5 - Free shipping
Rakuten $15