Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #31
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
quite frankly, this is pretty dumb. Yeah, I know the purpose is to have them available on "the clouds" -- so that you can access them anywhere, or so they say. But what if it's raining cats and dogs and my 3G connection is shut? What if it's a beautiful sunny day and there's no clouds around?

I have on the other hand 32GB worth of space here with me all the time! Why can't it just import the books already there, right next to it?!

thanks, but Aldiko is much better. go steal away another guy's "property"...
Karma for you! I am so glad to hear that some people get it.
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #32
hbtaylor
Enthusiast
hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: iPad 3, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
There are few options if you want a cross-platform option for reading and syncing third party content, even just for iOS and Android. By my count, there are three: Kindle, txtr, and now Google. Kindle also includes an ereader device as a supported platform, but Google adds read in web browser platform, where Kindle Cloud Reader only works with content from Amazon. Amazon seems more likely to extend support to other mobile and desktop apps in the future, but for me Android + iOS is an important threshold to cross, and it is good to see the 'club' expand.
This is exactly what I'm focusing on, too. I have used the iPad for the majority of my reading, and cross-platform and sync with my Android phone wasn't a big deal. I'm probably going to get a Nexus 7 and move most of my reading to it (for the smaller/lighter form factor). As I think about it, sync between my Android devices becomes more appealing, and keeping the iPad in the loop with a cross-platform app seems like a good thing to do.

For the moment I'll probably focus on the Kindle app since I buy more stuff there, but I'll probably read some books on GPB to give it a fair shake, too. As you say, it is nice to see the club expand to more options!
hbtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert