Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 06:22 AM   #76
stevious
stevious began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolbrecht View Post
Is the battery full?
Have you tried a "Sof reset"?
It's been on a wall charger for some hours now, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I've tried different reset methods, none seem to have any effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolbrecht View Post
I hope it wake up again...
Me too, my partner is very grumpy at the moment because she cannot finish reading her book :P
Old 03-17-2014, 06:50 AM   #77
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevious View Post
It's been on a wall charger for some hours now, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I've tried different reset methods, none seem to have any effect
Does that include the factory reset via the buttons? Done by:

- Hold power switch in off position for at least 20 seconds
- Hold the light button down and turn on
- When the LED starts to flash, release the light button

If it doesn't work, repeat, but hold it a bit longer.

And just in case, I have sent you a PM with a link.

Quote:
Me too, my partner is very grumpy at the moment because she cannot finish reading her book :P
The answer is very simple: Flowers. And fix her ereader.
Advert
Old 03-18-2014, 05:09 AM   #78
stevious
stevious began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Does that include the factory reset via the buttons? Done by:

If it doesn't work, repeat, but hold it a bit longer.

And just in case, I have sent you a PM with a link.
I have definitely attempted performing a factory reset, but whilst holding down the light button and attempting to turn the Glo on, the LED doesn't flash (it just comes on blue for about 10 seconds, then goes out).

Thank you very much for the link, I'll find another SD card and flash the firmware onto it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The answer is very simple: Flowers. And fix her ereader.
I think getting the Kobo working again is top priority (although she gave me a horrified look when I told her I was going to open it up )

UPDATE: flashing the firmware to a new SD card brough the Kobo Glo back to life! Many, many thanks for your help, David!

Last edited by stevious; 03-18-2014 at 06:49 AM.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:40 AM   #79
gjw
Ruudje
gjw began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo, kobo glo hd
Hi All,

I too have a bricked Glo. It's a year old. The screen now says its connected and battery full, but just prior to that it had a battery low indication. Nothing I did seems to revive it. I put a pin in the hole, tried a factory reset (holding light button while turning on the glo) but no lights flickering. i tried a new recharge overnight, bought a new micro-usb cable.
Nothing just the screen saying connected, when it isn't. When I connect the computer doesn't recognize my Glo.
It's a brick.
So I'm basically stuck to trying to revive with a new image, which I don't have.
Would you please send me an image.

Thanks
GJW

update: thanks David I have started the download.

Last edited by gjw; 03-23-2014 at 06:43 AM. Reason: update
Old 03-23-2014, 04:18 AM   #80
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM Sent.
Advert
Old 03-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #81
armarni
armarni began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I would be grateful if someone could please PM me the link to the image

I'm not 100% sure what I've done but my Kobo Glo is now unresponsive.

thanks in advance.

Last edited by armarni; 03-29-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:07 PM   #82
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

armarni: Before you open the device, put it on to charge for a couple of hours and try the instructions in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...05#post2788705. There is a good chance that will fix things.

And just in case, I have sent a PM with the link.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:14 AM   #83
armarni
armarni began at the beginning.

Thanks for your help Davidfor, I'll give that a whirl, and I appreciate the pm as well incase things don't work out
Old 04-01-2014, 03:45 AM   #84
Bonnie_27
Bonnie_27 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
I don't know if anyone can help me I just bought my glo 2 days ago and have been trying to update it since.I don't know if a image will help or not I was trying to upload android to it but the image whatever that is is a 7z file so I couldn't even view it so frustrating I reset the glo then I tried putting my 8gb in now it wont even turn on so then I tried copying sd card the memory update thing but when I tried to create image it didn't list distribution as a label so I tried usbtool same thing I've been going over this forum the last two days trying everything so frustrated with my glo cant even view my library books on it adobe digital editions whole other problem that's why I want android so I can use overdrive I'm sorry for rambling. someone plz help
Old 04-03-2014, 06:58 AM   #85
vlgr05
vlgr05 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Hi All,

I too have a bricked Glo. When I connect the computer doesn't recognize my Glo. Please send me an imge.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2014, 07:11 AM   #86
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlgr05 View Post
I too have a bricked Glo. When I connect the computer doesn't recognize my Glo. Please send me an imge.
The computer not recognizing the Glo isn't really a sign it is bricked. First, make sure it is charged properly and follow the instructions in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...05#post2788705.

Just in case that doesn't solve it, I have sent you a PM with the link.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:29 AM   #87
vlgr05

It doesn't work. My SD-card is dead.....

Please send me an image

Last edited by vlgr05; 04-03-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #88
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Woops, somehow I didn't send the PM. Send now.

But, what does happen when you tried the factory reset? And did you make sure it was charged? If it is flat, you won't see anything happen.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:13 AM   #89
vlgr05

for Devid - Best regard ! now downloading !!!
very thanks
Old 04-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #90
Shaykz
Shaykz began at the beginning.

Hello from Belgium,

My kobo glo is complety frozen, i try all the methods of reset/reboot but none of them work. The only things that happens is the blue light that switch on for 5 seconds and then switch off...

I find this post with a lot of people in the same situation than me and i'm pretty sure than new sd card image could fix my kobo problem!

Can someone give me the link?

Thanks a lot !
Closed Thread