Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 03:10 AM   #136
giltibo
giltibo began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch (2) / Glo (2)
Bricked Glo

Screen frozen with "sleeping" message.
Tried everything but no result.

Maybe need image for internal SD?
Old 06-03-2014, 03:24 AM   #137
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent
Advert
Old 06-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #138
kobonut
kobonut began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
It took me 2 days of trouble shooting to rule everything else out and find this thread when my kobo wouldn't charge or be recognized by my computer.

I'd greatly appreciate if I could get the to link the SD image for the Kobo Glo.

-Kobonut
Old 06-06-2014, 11:10 PM   #139
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #140
Ilariac1
Ilariac1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Sd

Hello
My Sd card cannot be read by Kobo nor by Pc. Can I have a Sd card image?
Thanks
Ilaria
Advert
Old 06-08-2014, 04:07 PM   #141
kobonut

:~(

Looks like the problem with my kobo was not the SD card.

I get a flashing green led indicator, but my screen has never comes back from its frozen state of battery recharge. (PS, I did try all the factory resets power button/light switch/reset hole combinations as well, I've also tried charging for 24 hours periods on both USB and PC to no avail).

Also, my Kobo desktop app does not recognize my Kobo Glo, although now it does recognize the USB where it didn't before.

I've also tried the Android OS image hacks and that didn't work either

If anyone has any other suggestions for me I'm all ears.

I'm thinking it really is toast, and thinking that I will have to wait for the Aura to go back on sale.

Thanks to davidfor for the image anyhow.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #142
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Ilariac1: PM sent
Old 06-08-2014, 09:02 PM   #143
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

kobonut: It could mean the screen has been broken. Unfortunately, on the mainly black charge needed screen, that wouldn't be very visible. Also, it is possible you bumped the cable when you had it apart. Did you check that?

An unlikely possibility is that the battery has been discharged below the level that the protection circuit kicks in. If that happens, the battery can become dangerous. For safety, the protection circuit will prevent the battery from being recharged. Someone has reported disconnecting the battery and recharging it a little by some other method. That did just enough to get past the protection circuit. A don't recommend doing this because of the possible safety issues.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #144
kobonut

davidfor: Thanks for your insights.

It's possible the screen is broken. You are totally right, that I can't really see any discolouration on the black recharge screen. On the open side, on the edge of the screen where I can actually see the glass/screen, it looks like there is cracks. So a broken screen could be likely.

I disconnected all cables and connected them back in several sequences, so I am thinking the cables aren't an issue.

It is quite possible that I did get a 'discharge below the level protection circuit kicked in', since that is what initially gave me the frozen recharge screen, ie I drained the battery while reading till the kobo shut off, and it has never left that recharge screen since. I never had an issue before when my battery drained, when I would plug it in, I could get it to power back up, my glo is about a year and a half old.

However, I was able to them subsequentally get the kobo glo light switch to turn on and off from the switch, which I think wouldn't be possible if the battery were so low?

I guess I should also add that before I knew what I was doing I kept on resetting the Kobo, which could have left my SD card to corrupt.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:21 AM   #145
Ice30000
Ice30000 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi all,

I've been trying to re install my firmware to fix a buggy update, but i've unfortunately stuffed up my imaging. Can any kind soul help me out?
Cheers
Old 06-11-2014, 09:32 AM   #146
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 06-11-2014, 12:32 PM   #147
ene5ri
ene5ri began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
My kobo is frozen.
So i need sd card image to fix it.
Anyone can help me??
thnx
Serena
Old 06-11-2014, 07:30 PM   #148
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 06-12-2014, 05:43 AM   #149
erps
erps began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi, my Kobo Glo is rebooting again and again, maybe I crashed the firmware. Could someone send me a link to the image.
Thanks.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:01 AM   #150
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by erps View Post
Hi, my Kobo Glo is rebooting again and again, maybe I crashed the firmware. Could someone send me a link to the image.
Thanks.

Do please try a full charge and a factory reset first. It should fix most of these type of problems.
Closed Thread