Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
Giulio
Giulio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3g+WiFi
Kindle doesn't read anything upload trought pc.

Hi,
I have a US Kindle touch 3g, and i jailbroke it with the data.tar.gz method and then i installed the orientation and the usbnewteork apps. Then i logged in trought ssh and changed permissions to the screensaver folder and blocked the ads domain trought host file in order to get working my custom screensaver.

But after that my device stopped reading any file moved from pc (The ones moved before are still working) and i can only download books from the market.
This happened only tto the documents folder, because i can still add music.

Now i have restored it to default factory settings and updated it to 5.1, but i still have this issue and still there are no ads.
Any suggest?
Thanks
Giulio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Restoring to factory defaults does not remove hacks. You need to uninstall the hacks by the proper method (instructions should be given whereever you got the hacks).

There is no reason that books downloaded to the pc first would not work, if you downloaded them for the right Kindle. If you downloaded them for the app or something, of course they will not work, due to DRM.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
Giulio
Giulio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3g+WiFi
No, it doesn't READ anything else, neither pdf or previously bought books.
And i have to delete a file twice before the link disappear in the home screen.
Now i'm going to remove hacks, but is there a way to fully restore it? Like reinstall filesystem and all? Maybe i broke something with chwon and chmod.
Giulio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:31 AM   #4
tanteoma
Enthusiast
tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
That happened to me a few times too and my kindle touch is not jailbroken. My solution is to delete the last ebook file from kindle using computer. Some ebooks are corrupted or something, so Kindle can't read it and can't read anything added afterwards. Maybe it got stuck. Luckily, removing the offending file always solved the problem for me. If you can't be sure which ebook caused it, delete a few more that was loaded the last.
tanteoma is offline   Reply With Quote