Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #16
Nyoxi
Connoisseur
Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Answering the question is merely treating the symptom rather than the disease. The real question is not "how do I set the time?", but "why can't I register my Kindle?".
That may depend. It may be interesting question for you, but completly irrelevant for him. For me it isn't clear whether he really wants to register or not. You should not be forced to register just so you can set the time.
Nyoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #17
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
The registration requires that you are not using a proxy/cache. If your ISP is using large caches, this becomes a problem. There's an ISP around here that does that. A few other sites, mostly ones using SharePoint have trouble.

I mostly use Duokan these days, which offers an easy way to change the time. Time applies to Kindle too. Pretty sure you can adjust it with ntpdate via console.
First, I use BSNL, which is the national internet backbone and no, no cache. The thing with ntpdate is it updates to utc when I want utc+5:30.
How can I change the timezone? And, every time it reboot, the time goes to 12:00.
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #18
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=linux%20change%20timezone
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #19
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No they don't work on busybox
Old 03-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #20
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Yes they do.

Code:
[root@kindle /etc]# ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Berlin /etc/localtime
[root@kindle /etc]# date
Mon Mar  5 17:57:58 CET 2012
The only additional thing you have to do is copy your respective zoneinfo file to the Kindle (I used the one from my Ubuntu PC), because the Kindle comes without those files.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #21
aditya3098
Guru

It worked!