Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
buze
buze began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kindle 4, iPad
That charging LED

I've been using my touch for a few weeks now, but it's now time for charging it for the first time(!)
So it's hooked in a nice USB port for a few hours, but the LED is steady 'green' -- I haven't looked earlier so I'm not sure it was a different color. Strangely enough, none of the 3 user guides even mention the LED !

So, when do I know it's charged ? have missed a "real user guide" ?
buze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I think it changes blue when charged.

I just go by the little battery Icon in the corner of the screen, it has a checkmark through it when it's charged.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 01:51 AM   #3
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
I haven't noticed the LED change colour but then I have troubles seeing the difference between some greens and blues. I've also never noticed the check mark but I'll look for that starting right now.

A few minutes later. Well, I'll be darned, now I do see the check mark. I never noticed it before. Thanks.

Last edited by TonyToews; 01-23-2012 at 01:56 AM.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
I just go by the little battery Icon in the corner of the screen, it has a checkmark through it when it's charged.
That's the right idea in theory, but in practice the battery is not fully charged when the check-mark first appears. If I remove the charger right away and start the KT up, the battery icon immediately drops to 90%. If I leave it for another hour of after the check-mark appears, the battery stays at 100% after disconnecting, and I get full battery life.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #5
pdops
Zealot
pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
Strangely enough, none of the 3 user guides even mention the LED !
I noticed that too

It also flashes different colors when you power on the reader. It's a help because the power switch on my Touch is temperamental so I keep sliding it until I see the LED flash.
pdops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
I've been using my touch for a few weeks now, but it's now time for charging it for the first time(!)
So it's hooked in a nice USB port for a few hours, but the LED is steady 'green' -- I haven't looked earlier so I'm not sure it was a different color. Strangely enough, none of the 3 user guides even mention the LED !

So, when do I know it's charged ? have missed a "real user guide" ?
Here are the LED color changes that I have noticed for the Touch.

1) Power on - blue then green
2) Connected to USB port - always green regardless of the charge state of the battery
3) Factory reset using the Power Slider and Home button - red then green and, finally, flashing white

To summarize, except for the factory reset LED sequence the LED colors provide little useful information.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote