Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
goober055
goober055 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Authorize ?

I am getting a Sony PRS-T1 for Xmas. My question is....Do I have to initially use the Sony software to authorize to my PC or can I just connect it to my PC and use Calibre ? I don't plan on purchasing books from the Sony store. I just plan on downloading free google books and non DRM protected books and content.

Thanks!!
goober055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
If you don't plan to buy DRM'ed content, you don't need to authorize your reader.
Welcome to MobileRead!!!
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
None of the ereaders in our house are.

DRM is removed from all ebooks purchased.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
goober055
goober055 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thanks !!
goober055 is offline   Reply With Quote