Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Preliminary Kindle Fire Signs

I notice the Kindle Fire appeared in "My Kindle Devices" on the Amazon site and allowed me to edit my name for the device.

Also, a placeholder for the "Lo Zingarella" Italian Dictionary was downloaded to my Kindle for PC application archive but not to my 3rd Generation Kindle WiFi archive.

I could not access that dictionary since it was only a place holder, not a full license to use the eBook. Evidently, it will be provided free for only the Kindle Fire and for the Kindle for PC application after a serial number is provided for the Kindle Fire in "My Kindle Devices."

I presume my serial number will appear at the Amazon site when it is finally prepared for shipment.

Has anyone else noticed these preliminary signs?
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Has anyone else noticed these preliminary signs?
Yes, I have four new Kindles listed in Manage Devices. No serial numbers.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Yeah I've ordered Fire and Touch, and both were there within minutes, on the day of the announcement.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Same here. Already have been sending stuff to it so when I get it it'll already be preloaded with goodies. Too bad you can't do that with apps though.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Same here. Already have been sending stuff to it so when I get it it'll already be preloaded with goodies. Too bad you can't do that with apps though.
I've been downloading the free app of the day. Hopefully I'll be able to install them free on my Fire.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Fire is listed also.

Carol
Old 11-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #7
friktion
Zealot
friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony 700, Kindle 3Wi-Fi, Skytex Primer 7", Kindle Fire
Am I the only demented one who is checking their Kindle Fire order twice a day, hoping to see "processing" or "shipped" marked?
friktion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #8
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by friktion View Post
Am I the only demented one who is checking their Kindle Fire order twice a day, hoping to see "processing" or "shipped" marked?
Nope, so am I. Although Amazon will send you an e-mail.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You're not alone! I checked late last night, that's how I noticed the new Lending Library.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #10
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Nope. I had actually just checked mine again before reading your post.

Carol
Old 11-04-2011, 05:53 AM   #11
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Yes, I have four new Kindles listed in Manage Devices. No serial numbers.
FOUR???? Have you been holding out on me?

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #12
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
FOUR???? Have you been holding out on me?

Two for the kids (Fire).
Old 11-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #13
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Two for the kids (Fire).
Are you adopting?
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #14
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Two for the kids (Fire).
And one for each hand.

I almost pre-ordered 3 additional for my kids, but decided I wanted to try it out first and hopefully still be able to get an order in before the reindeer fly.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #15
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

I almost pre-ordered 3 additional for my kids, but decided I wanted to try it out first and hopefully still be able to get an order in before the reindeer fly.
That's understandable.

I've been wanting to transition them to eBooks. Now I finally can. Been waiting for Apple to release something smaller than the iPad. That was my first choice for them because of the games. I gave them my 1st generation iPod to share. They've been using that for the past two years. .