Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #16
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGATL View Post
I needed to know the ame thing. On their website for movies it states that you can download a movie you buy to portable device but can only download rental movies to a PC or TIVO. So I specifically called Amazon today. They confirmed the same thing they said you will not be able to download rented movies you can only stream rental movies (which does you no good when there is no wi-fi connection, like on a plane or the road with kids) for this reason Think I am going to buy a refurb Ipad from apple site (same warranty as a new one).
I don't know what the heck the deal is with this Windows PC limitation for rentals. I was fairly certain their own device would be allowed.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #17
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGATL View Post
I needed to know the ame thing. On their website for movies it states that you can download a movie you buy to portable device but can only download rental movies to a PC or TIVO. So I specifically called Amazon today. They confirmed the same thing they said you will not be able to download rented movies you can only stream rental movies (which does you no good when there is no wi-fi connection, like on a plane or the road with kids) for this reason Think I am going to buy a refurb Ipad from apple site (same warranty as a new one).
Thanks for the leg work.

I use a Sansa Clip for audio (music and books), Netflix for streaming and I still have my trusty K3. Since I am well covered and there is a question as to how good the Kindle ereader will be, I canceled my KF order and gave the ereader question as the reason for the cancellation.

I originally ordered the TF to replace my K3 and a tablet used for browsing, email and epub reading. But there are just too many hardware, rental policy and other unknown short comings, so I'm taking a wait and see attitude.

Regard - John

P.S. At least 75% of my TF use would be as an ereader.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #18
taoofpu2
Enthusiast
taoofpu2 is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad mini 4, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post

I originally ordered the TF to replace my K3 and a tablet used for browsing, email and epub reading. But there are just too many hardware, rental policy and other unknown short comings, so I'm taking a wait and see attitude.
I'm beginning to feel somewhat the same. The lack of SD, the scarcity of new information since announcement day, and the lack of clarity on a number of questions are giving me pause. My K3 will give me plenty of reading pleasure while I evaluate some other options.
taoofpu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #19
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Thanks for the leg work.

I use a Sansa Clip for audio (music and books), Netflix for streaming and I still have my trusty K3. Since I am well covered and there is a question as to how good the Kindle ereader will be, I canceled my KF order and gave the ereader question as the reason for the cancellation.

Regard - John

P.S. At least 75% of my TF use would be as an ereader.
I'm still keeping my Fire order. Figure with a November ship date (Holiday Season) we probably have til the end of January to return if not happy.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #20
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I'm still keeping my Fire order. Figure with a November ship date (Holiday Season) we probably have til the end of January to return if not happy.
Yep, same here.
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #21
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Yep, same here.
I still think for what I want it for, the Fire will be just fine.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #22
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Right, but you can stream using any tablet with Flash. I want to be able to download content. That's why I'm getting 2 of them for the children. They can watch videos when we're on the road. Today you can only download to a Windows PC and TIVO.
i would like to download video as well... i live in a rural area that has no broadband internet at all so streaming is not an options .. and most all the tv's/internet content boxes and stuff require 1-3 megabyte broadband service to work and despite living 6 miles out of town i wont have any broadband internet for another 20 years at the rate things are going here in wisconsin
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #23
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Keep those orders folks, demand will outstrip supply. You'll be able to sell it on ebay if you decide not to keep it. Happened with the first Kindle - I could have sold it for $800 (not promising that much of a premium for the Fire), believe it or not. Folks get desperate for promised gifts with the Holiday season coming.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #24
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiXSendai View Post
Keep those orders folks, demand will outstrip supply. You'll be able to sell it on ebay if you decide not to keep it. Happened with the first Kindle - I could have sold it for $800 (not promising that much of a premium for the Fire), believe it or not. Folks get desperate for promised gifts with the Holiday season coming.
You're right!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:01 AM   #25
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
I still think for what I want it for, the Fire will be just fine.
Yeppers.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:29 AM   #26
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's to Desperation.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:44 AM   #27
SGATL
SGATL began at the beginning.

Device: none
When I called Amazon yesterday and the customer service rep specifically to me you could not download rented movies just ones you buy to the new FIRE. I had originally sent an email too and they finally answered. Their email said you can download rented movies. I guess they don't even know the answer. I decided to place another pre order because I could not UN cancel my original order. Guess I will get the true answer when I get it in the mail. As some of you have suggested I can always return it or sell it on ebay
SGATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #28
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Yeppers.
Of course, being a woman I CAN change my mind next week, tomorrow....
Old 10-21-2011, 11:02 AM   #29
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Of course, being a man I'm sure I need TWO and probably will get bored with them next week, tomorrow.....
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:48 AM   #30
kennyc

Quote: