Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-28-2012, 04:38 AM   #46
iksul
iksul began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K3
Post TTS deutsch

Hallo diba, das ist ja klasse.
Woher hast du die usertts denn geladen? Meine Versuche schlugen fehl. Die TTS-DAteien von Steffi und Yannick habe ich. Auch eine etwas präzisere Anleitung täte einem alten Menschen gut ;-)
iksul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:38 AM   #47
iksul
iksul began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K3
Hallo diba, das ist ja klasse.
Woher hast du die usertts denn geladen? Meine Versuche schlugen fehl. Die TTS-DAteien von Steffi und Yannick habe ich. Auch eine etwas präzisere Anleitung täte einem alten Menschen gut ;-)
Sorry für den doppelten Eintrag.
Aber doppelt hält besser!
iksul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2012, 05:38 AM   #48
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Deleted, I started to read the first post ...

Last edited by diba; 03-28-2012 at 05:50 AM.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #49
Safazeck
Safazeck began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG 2.5.8
Smile HOW TO change speech voice on KINDLE DX GRAPHITE 2.5.8

Hi,
Anyone could teach me how to change voice to portuguese on KINDLE DX GRAPHITE 2.5.8 ? I really need it for my blind brother. I am sorry if its a silly question. Thanks.
Safazeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #50
jmesar
Enthusiast
jmesar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
@Safazeck

Not, absolute failure…..

I think Amazon abandoned this product, no evidence to advance from firmware 2.5 to 3.3.

I install the jailbreak OK and screen saver OK, but nothing work with voice.

I suspect that the file structure is different to the other K3 devices.

The people who know do not answer, and the information is scare, not enough to guess a solution or even to know what the problem is….

My Mother has the K_DX, I have the K3w, she is almost blind, (glaucoma + cataracts) we guess that the big screen was her solution, but it was a mistake, the book shall be in kindle format to resize fonts and be read aloud, the big potential of the K_DX is for the pdf scientific document that are hard to convert to Kindle, and that is not her need (is mine…).
jmesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #51
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
You need to upgrade your DX to 3.XX version and using usbNetwork manually overwrite voices and configuration files in /usr/share/nuance with your own.
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #52
jmesar
Enthusiast

Thanks @seanico7

Bring K_DX from 2.5 to 3.xx is not a risky operation?

Why Amazon has not do so?

My naïve guess is 3.xx is for hardware K3, I fear to brick K_DX 3G (my mother companion).
I see advantages in jumping to 3.xx, the internet browser is friendlier. I over load her K_DX with 4.000 book and it become a tortoise, the search function lead to re start, so is almost impossible to find a book; perhaps V3.xx can handle better this book avalanche.
So I vacillate…….
Old 04-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #53
jmesar
Enthusiast

DXG TTS

As seaniko7 wrote, the standard procedure of K for TTS do not work in DX, because in DX do not exist the “nuance” at /usr/share/nuance.
I just could look at seaniko7 guide line, I had a stupid error configuration the usbNetwork, a “topological” error; the usb cable have two ends, so, two IP address, one at Kindle and other at the PC, I forgot to adjust the ip in the PC.
Just now I can see inside both Kindles; in K3w the path /usr/share/nuance exist but in DXG what exist is /usr/share/tts/dict/0000.bdc so no standard TTS path will work.
So the task is to study the change to 3.XX

PS:After reading the tread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=127969 I Think not to go forward upgrading to 3.XX, the price is to high.
In my particular case the K DXG is used for my mother, and I know she use the MP3 player, and the TTS, the reason I would need the update is reported as not satisfactory. And remain the battery issue, that I think lead to reduce the life of the device.

Last edited by jmesar; 04-21-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #54
route66
Connoisseur
route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hey guys, has anyone been able to do this on their Kindle Touch yet? (5.1)

Great feature!!
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #55
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@route66: I don't want to sound offensive, but you should really take a closer look at the Wiki page, and maybe use the search function, before asking questions which have been answered many times before.

In fact, the thread that you're looking for currently is right on the first page of this forum.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #56
route66
Connoisseur
route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have been going through these threads but for someone who is new to this it can be confusing and overwhelming -

What threw me off was the fact that the tts zip file only seems to include installation for the Kindle 3g, 3g Wifi, 3g GB etc. but not for the Kindle Touch.

I have noticed that some hacks don't work on the new 5.1 software so considered this to be a possibility.

Sometimes you just need a nudge in the right direction to save you hours of going around in circles.

Anyway I'm going to try and go through them another time and see if I can figure it out.
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #57
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
All you need for the KT is here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162062

and ixtab made it possible to use it on 5.1 as well, look here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175512
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:07 AM   #58
excalibra
excalibra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I have Kindle 3 (3g+wi-fi) keyboard model with rev.3.3(B00A). Only duokan and jailbreak is installed on the device, I could manage to do the jailbreak with this file "update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3gb-3.2.1_install.bin" although it had rev.3.3 installed.

I want to keep the male default TTS voice but only change original female TTS voice of Kindle to something like Ivona female voice or if Ivona voice not available, again only to change that female voice to British Daniel. How can I do that without changing default male TTS voice of Kindle?

Last edited by excalibra; 05-29-2012 at 04:11 AM.
excalibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #59
jmesar
Enthusiast

TTS over KDXG

On Kindle DXG, I did not find a easy carpet “nuance”, but using WinSPC (USB SSH) I found at: /usr/lib/tts this file structure:

\-----speech
+-----components
| +-----common
| | combrk.so
| | comrsrc.so
| | dcteg.so
| | edct.so
| | rssoloapi.so
| | ttsengine.so
| | xcoder.so
| |
| +-----data
| | us_samantha_full.dat
| | us_tom_full.dat
| | vf_samantha_full_155mrf22_270_06.dat
| | vf_tom_full_155mrf22_270_06.dat
| |
| +-----g2p
| | g2p_enu.so
| |
| +-----pp
| | stdpp_enu.so
| |
| +-----synthesizer
| | synth_155mrf22.so
| | synth_vssq5.so
| |
| +-----voicefont
| | vf_samantha_full.so
| | vf_tom_full.so
| |
| \-----xlit
| xlit_1252.so
|
\-----rssolov4
| realspeaksolo.hdr
|
+-----common
| rssolo_dcteg.hdr
| rssolo_edct.hdr
| rssolo_ttsengine.hdr
| rssolo_xcoder.hdr
|
+-----enu
| rssolo_enu.hdr
| rssolo_g2p_enu.hdr
| rssolo_stdpp_enu.hdr
| rssolo_us_samantha_full_155mrf22_06.hdr
| rssolo_us_samantha_full_vssq5.hdr
| rssolo_us_tom_full_155mrf22_06.hdr
| rssolo_vf_samantha_full.hdr
| rssolo_vf_samantha_full_155mrf22_270_06.hdr
| rssolo_vf_tom_full.hdr
| rssolo_vf_tom_full_155mrf22_270_06.hdr
| rssolo_xlit_enu.hdr
|
+-----synthesizer
| rssolo_synth_155mrf22.hdr
| rssolo_synth_vssq5.hdr
|
\-----xlit
rssolo_xlit_1252.hdr

Comparing the files names/structure from packages for K3 and KT, the names are different.
My question is how to build a package for this KDXG?
What files are “untouchable”?
Old 06-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #60
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmesar View Post
... using WinSPC (USB SSH) ...
WinSCP.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote