Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 03:34 PM   #76
Hopi
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. T View Post
Oh, and by the way, the update on my EE only took about 5 minutes.
I'm happy to hear that Dr. T. ST got back to me by email and they couldn't explain why my update took 18 hours. One possible reason they proffered is that it might have something to do with upgrading from badger to dingo. But it's a one-of-a-kind phenomenon for them. So if someone else has this experience, will you please give a feedback to ST about it?

Old 12-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #77
Chubulor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
This is not helpful to a user seeking help, Chubulor
It was apparently just as helpful as the late response from Entourage tech support was. Probably more helpful since I told him not to remove the battery so he didn't risk corrupting the system.

Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #78
Dr. T
Edge User

Just FYI, I received a call from Tech Support yesterday. Within the next week, they will be rolling out an update for Dingo that will fix the annotation issues we saw in 1.10.

I know I've said this before, but I, for one, really appreciate their rapid responses to problems as they arise and the open communication they've been providing.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #79
jsfiller
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. T View Post
Just FYI, I received a call from Tech Support yesterday. Within the next week, they will be rolling out an update for Dingo that will fix the annotation issues we saw in 1.10.

I know I've said this before, but I, for one, really appreciate their rapid responses to problems as they arise and the open communication they've been providing.
I agree, but what I appreciate most is the openness. That they TOLD you there would be a bug fix. w00t! LOL

Old 12-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #80
HardBall
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfiller View Post
I agree, but what I appreciate most is the openness. That they TOLD you there would be a bug fix. w00t! LOL
That's great news. I think I will just hold off, and wait for 1.11 becomes available then update then.

Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 01:51 AM   #81
goodspeech
Edge User

I am having the same problem. Journal works great but pdf annotation poor. I am working on the PE. I have the added problem of the e-ink sometimes appearing .5-1.0 cms from where I'm writing. different than the lag time (which I also have). I tried a recalibration with no luck.

Old 12-12-2010, 04:56 AM   #82
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardBall View Post
That's great news. I think I will just hold off, and wait for 1.11 becomes available then update then.
I've had highly regulated internet access (the last hotel was $27 for 200MB - seriously?!) for the last few weeks, so I haven't even downloaded 1.10 yet. Looks like it makes sense just to wait.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #83
Dr. T
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodspeech View Post
I am having the same problem. Journal works great but pdf annotation poor. I am working on the PE. I have the added problem of the e-ink sometimes appearing .5-1.0 cms from where I'm writing. different than the lag time (which I also have). I tried a recalibration with no luck.
Is this occurring at all places on the screen or just certain places? Near the edges, I sometimes have problems with accurate inking. If it is everywhere, though, and recalibration does not help, you should contact tech support.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #84
Dr. T
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
I've had highly regulated internet access (the last hotel was $27 for 200MB - seriously?!) for the last few weeks, so I haven't even downloaded 1.10 yet. Looks like it makes sense just to wait.
Definitely!

Old 12-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #85
fadiayad
Edge User

update problems

my software got messed up during online update

so I tried many times to update using USB,
all the procedure goes well but in the end still it wont turn on
freezes at the initialization page.

is there anyway to format and install a clean software ? using USB

Old 12-12-2010, 11:53 PM   #86
goodspeech
Edge User

More toward the edges but it does appear throughout the screen. Looking forward to the update

Old 12-13-2010, 03:24 AM   #87
HardBall
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Yes, certainly true to that. If the new update in fact does drop this coming week, then we should all be in good stead.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:07 AM   #88
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadiayad View Post
my software got messed up during online update

so I tried many times to update using USB,
all the procedure goes well but in the end still it wont turn on
freezes at the initialization page.

is there anyway to format and install a clean software ? using USB
You should contact Tech Support (http://www.entourageedge.com/support) for assistance if you're experiencing these problems.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:12 PM   #89
10tklz
Edge User

I'm also having a horrid time annotating Pdfs! It's terrible! Journal is great but I really need to be able to scribble up my documents and books!

Old 12-14-2010, 01:04 PM   #90
Dr. T
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10tklz View Post
I'm also having a horrid time annotating Pdfs! It's terrible! Journal is great but I really need to be able to scribble up my documents and books!
This is the same problem many of us had. You can go back to Dingo 1.6 as described here, or you can wait for the update. Tech support said it should be out this week (at least, that's what they told me last week )

Last edited by Dr. T; 12-14-2010 at 01:07 PM.