Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
joanhallhovey
Enthusiast
joanhallhovey is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!joanhallhovey is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!joanhallhovey is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!joanhallhovey is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!joanhallhovey is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!joanhallhovey is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!joanhallhovey is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!joanhallhovey is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!joanhallhovey is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!joanhallhovey is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!joanhallhovey is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle
Night Corridor by award-winning author Joan Hall Hovey

NIGHT CORRIDOR

SOME NIGHTMARES HAPPEN WHEN YOU'RE AWAKE!

The seeds for this novel were planted in my childhood. On Sundays, I went with my grandmother to visit an aunt in the New Brunwick Provincal Hospital, later changed to Centracare, once called The Lunatic Asylum. She'd spent much of her life within those walls. They said she was 'melancholy'.

Though the sprawling, prison-like building has long since been torn down, the sights, sounds and smells of the place infiltrated the senses of the 12 year old girl I was, and never left.

When I was ready to write the story, further research led me to a diary written by Mary Heustis Pengilly in 1885, during the time she was an inmate. Though Night Corridor was inspired by my aunt, and influenced by Mrs. Pengilly, it is not about them."

The mental hospital in my novel is called Bayshore Mental Institution.

NIGHT CORRIDOR

At 17, Caroline Hill was torn from the boy she loved by her tyranical father. Then they took her child. Finally, her grasp on reality.

Now, after nine years in Bayshore mental institution, once called The Lunatic Asylum, Caroline is being released.

There will be no one to meet her. Her parents who brought her here are dead.

They have found her a room in a rooming house, a job washing dishes in a restaurant. She will do fine, they said. But no one told her that women in St. Simeon are already dying at the hands of a vicious predator. One, an actress who lived previously in her building.

Others.

And now, as Caroline struggles to survive on the outside, her fragile emotional health is further threatened by a deadly stalker.

But who will believe her? She's a crazy woman after all.

Then, one cold winter's night on her way home from her job, a man follows and is about to assault her when a stranger intercedes.

A stranger who hides his face and whispers her name.

"... Joan Hall Hovey has penned as good a thriller as I have ever read...a superb tale of terror and suspense that puts her right up there with the likes of Sandford and Patterson..."Ingrid Taylor for Small Press Review

kINDLE/NOOK/PRINT

http://www.amazon.com/Night-Corridor...4084737&sr=1-1

Last edited by joanhallhovey; 04-29-2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: chose one book to promote
joanhallhovey is offline   Reply With Quote