Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
Quistopher
Enthusiast
Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NookColor CM7 7.0.3
It slices, it dices, it does julienning fries....

I think I am too the point where I can stop tinkering with my NC and just read books but I am curious, if there is anything else to try? I am waiting on overclocking, I want to read more on it before I try it.

- Its rooted
- Facebook, email and other communication apps.
- Angry Birds
- I figured out how to strip DRM out of an ebook
- I figured out how to sync ebooks wirelessly using SugarSync, using scripts on both my laptop/NC to move files, Ignatu SmartPower Configuration to wake up my laptop at 5am and with Windows task scheduler.

The only thing left that I want to try is Netflix streaming. Any suggestions other then a french fry or cutting app? Also, I run Linux on a couple of other machines in my house, I don't have a need or desire to try it on my NC.

Thanks

Quistopher

Last edited by Quistopher; 01-28-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Quistopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
m3write1day
m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Nook
Paper weight?
m3write1day is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
TheNewton
TheNewton began at the beginning.

Device: none
Will it blend?
TheNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
Quistopher
Enthusiast
Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I could take a hammer and see how good my Square Trade warranty is but I was looking for something more techie. When it was new and I was trying to figure out things it was exciting but now that its all done, there is nothing to figure out. The 1.1 update does not sound like its that exciting or worth the time based on what I have read so far.

When I open the windows in the spring & summer, it will get plenty of opportunities to be a paper weight.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:33 PM   #5
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Video of course, if you haven't already.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
Quistopher
Enthusiast

I ripped some DVDs and put it on there, its ok, nothing exciting. I did Youtube, I would like to see Netflix streaming/
Old 01-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #7
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
When you find the Netflix for Android, let us know.

In the meantime, don't be afraid to try some HD video converts instead of the meager DVD quality. Pretty much all the video I've converted looks remarkable on this device.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:01 AM   #8
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Device: NC Rooted
So tell me about removing DRM...
rogerperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:16 AM   #9
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerperk View Post

I'm all ears
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:19 AM   #10
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
that's it......you've got to unroot it.....upgrade.....re-root.......un-root....re-root manually....make a manual update....and then re-root.......and then overclock it......and then.......do it all over again.......

And when I bought it......I thought I was just gonna have something to read with........
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #11
Quistopher
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerperk View Post
I'm sorry but I don't think it would be appropriate for me to post a how to on the internet. It was easy to find directions on Google and the setup wasn't too bad.

I don't use it often, I use it on library books when I don't finish it in time and then I delete them. Yes I am bending the rule but ebook licensing is terrible. The Hold lists are ridiculously long for everything in my library. I bet ebook piracy is just as rampant as music & movies but I don’t want to argue the legality of piracy.

I need to find a Netflix or Rhapsody type service for ebooks. I use both and I get more then my money’s worth with both. I just haven’t found anything that makes sense yet. I would pay $10-15 a month for a service that made sense.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #12
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
What I'm interested in is the syncing. What scripts did you use. Is it automatic or do you have to kick it off.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:13 PM   #13
Quistopher
Enthusiast

I will reposted it, enjoy.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...77#post1366877