Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #16
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
I think the origin of the word was the bastardization of either a Korean or Japanese word meaning the equivalent of OK and used the same way.

I didn't recognize the word at first. Although I have used the word "copasetic" many times, in the past, I have never seen it in print. It was a common expression used by G.I.s during the Korean War.

Regards - John
This is getting interesting. Here is the OED entry. It may have something to do with African American culture in the south and some "underworld" subculture in the U.S. The examples go back to 1919 so it could not be adopted during the World War II or the Korean War. But this doesn't exclude the possibility that it came from the Far East. It is interesting to know which part of America most U.S. soldiers in the Korean War came from.

Last edited by jshzh; 02-11-2011 at 11:10 PM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:48 AM   #17
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
Why not put it on Rapidshare or some such, and post the link here?
Hi G, et al,

sorry to take so long to reply - I was off shooting arrows and not hitting much.

Rapidshare is a capital suggestion. I'll look into it and get back to you all. Anything similar that a Google account might give me access to? It would save me being a member of yet another site.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #18
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
English dictionaries link

Hi all,

I tried Rapidshare, but after trying to upload the file, found it would be on my free acout only for 30 days, which is not sufficient.

So the English dictionaries are on my web host, and can be accessed witht he following link:

http://www.pless.id.au/Dictionaries/Englishonly.zip

The file is around 150MB, so it will take a little time to download.

If there is sufficient demand and reason, I have the Russian dictionaries zipped, and can upload them as well.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote