Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #16
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I don't find my 650 all that bulky, even with a somewhat heavy cover - fits in the outside compartment of my man-purse with room to spare, as well as in the pocket of my coats.
It fits in those places... but try and run while carrying everything, or get jostled about on the bus.
You soon get a bit nervous about damaging the device
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #17
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_steve View Post
Both are portable, but if you mainly travel around the place then go the 350
I have the 650 and it's great, but i do find it a pain to chuck in a backpack or murse and haul around; it's just a bit big for it and if you have a fair bit in a bag you risk stuff bashing into it, even with a cover.
Agreed, the 350 fits in ALL of my handbags, even the smaller ones. My 505 and 600 are too large to carry with me on an everyday basis, but the 350 is perfect. I rarely leave home without it, and I'm reading a lot more as a result.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #18
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Yeah... i sort've wish i got the 350.
But i like the features of the 650.
Maybe i'll need to own both
Old 11-10-2010, 09:50 PM   #19
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Meanwhile ....

I'm slightly second-guessing myself on the issue as I don't use the music feature, and I could do without the SD card slot; my new mobile phone came with a 1Gb micro card + adapter, so I put it in the 650 slot and loaded my (couple dozen) books onto it, just as backup.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:22 PM   #20
digital_steve
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
Meanwhile ....

I'm slightly second-guessing myself on the issue as I don't use the music feature, and I could do without the SD card slot; my new mobile phone came with a 1Gb micro card + adapter, so I put it in the 650 slot and loaded my (couple dozen) books onto it, just as backup.
Same with me
I have a memory stick pro duo that i keep my PDF's on... but to be honest, i don't really need the memory options and i certainly don't need the music option.
The main reason i opted for the 650 was screen real estate.
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #21
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Steve:

I did keep a couple of podcasts on my 505, just in case I just didn't feel like reading at the moment after all.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote