Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 05:10 PM   #31
yeiyei
yeiyei doesn't litteryeiyei doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
First thing is to check my Berry, see answer whatever mails got in while sleeping. Check the news and the weather. Bathroom, shower, and then I go to work, and since I work at home, I manage to avoid morning traffic hahaha.
yeiyei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #32
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Wake.

Take a drink from the water bottle next to the bed.

What time is it? is it light outside? day, night?

Am I really awake? (I have a problem when I dream that I'm waking up but I don't really. Then I become aware that I'm dreaming so I wake up for real. Only it's a dream again. Takes me a few tries to really wake up, I've grown used to this by now)

Do I have to go to work in an hour or so? - if so I get up (I work shifts).

Do I have lectures in an hour or so? - if so again I get up.

No? -- back to sleep.

(I do all my internet surfing at work and at the university)
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2010, 07:16 PM   #33
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Won't you stop drinking then? And wouldn't the latte (whatever that may be) become more and more watery?
If one keeps one's head out of the stream of warm comfort, no water gets in to dilute the stream of warm happiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I am sure he is a pro by now. A few of us learned how to drink in the shower a long time ago with stronger drinks.

...or is learned as a hangover cure from the use of stronger drinks the night before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
Seriously, am I the only person who has to make a mad dash to the bathroom upon waking?
I've usually done that, not in a state that could be considered "awake", at about 1am and/or 5am. The latter can be my waking "first thing" in summer, when the early sunrise and warm temps and natural tendency to fecundity drives all the birds into screaming songs of territorialism and romance.

Cheers,
Marc (two lattes in...dog walking time)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #34
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Workdays: Hit the snooze button. Rinse and repeat a few times. Then jump out of bed in a mad panic, which has the advantage of shaking the remains of sleep off if nothing else, do morning ablutions whilst checking tube status and emails, get dressed, grab bag, leave.

Non-workdays: Turn alarm off whilst groggily wondering why I bother setting it when I'm not at work. Go back to sleep. Wake up some time later,. Have tea and breakfast.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:02 PM   #35
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Simultaneous with two lattes bought to me in bed by The Loved One ...
This alone makes it very clear why he's called The Loved One. That would be heaven!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #36
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
wake up ... cats herd me into kitchen ... feed cats ....
Same here! And if I don't get out of bed when the cats want me to, I open my eyes to find them both sitting on the bed staring at me, using their extraordinary mental powers to make me get up. Spooky.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:26 AM   #37
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
You wake up and ...

Jump out of bed and make a mad dash to turn the alarm music OFF.

**alarm is by the bath (which keeps me from hitting the snooze button) and set to country music - which I hate (so I will quickly get up just to turn it off). **

Bathroom, shower, start coffee, dry hair, get dressed, make breakfast, and enjoy the morning quiet while eating breakfast.

Then the day starts in the real world.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:20 AM   #38
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
wife wakes me before going to work, at about 7. powder nose and go out. open the gate for her, kiss wave her away. look at the sky. if i feel for an early smoke get a sip of water first. look at the sky, search for signs of the attitude of the gods toward me, usually benevolent, if there is a flight of birds i interpret it. This is the moment when the one inside me has his saying. take note. put the watch on (i have to be dressed and ready before waking up little daughter which is before 7:30, that is in 11 minutes, so I better say good morning to everybody and go.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:34 AM   #39
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
Seriously, am I the only person who has to make a mad dash to the bathroom upon waking? Unless I was up a short time before the alarm to use the toilet and went back to bed that is always the FIRST thing.
It depends. Sometimes I wake a few minutes before the alarm and decide not to leave until the alarm has gone off (it's on my side of the bed and the music will turn louder and louder unless I either turn down the volume or turn it off). But I always have to go downstairs for the toilet as it is next to the bathroom and that is downstairs as well.

And my husband can make his own breakfast! I'm not doing that for him... But we leave at the same time, in the same car, to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
If one keeps one's head out of the stream of warm comfort, no water gets in to dilute the stream of warm happiness.
A bit difficult in our shower as it is a closed stall. Especially if I turn on the rain shower (which I almost never do on workdays because I'll stay in the shower too long...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Workdays: Hit the snooze button. Rinse and repeat a few times. Then jump out of bed in a mad panic, which has the advantage of shaking the remains of sleep off if nothing else, do morning ablutions whilst checking tube status and emails, get dressed, grab bag, leave.

Non-workdays: Turn alarm off whilst groggily wondering why I bother setting it when I'm not at work. Go back to sleep. Wake up some time later,. Have tea and breakfast.
I never turn off my alarm, so it will go off at 6:00 7 days a week, 365 days a year.. I also never used the snooze function, I've always used the radio alarm and if I didn't have to get up (but still was awake), I'd just turn down the volume a bit and listen to the music...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:41 AM   #40
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
Around 100 pushups and then a few dozen jumping jacks and then coffee with MR and then work.
You are ahead of me...only 45 on my poor knucles

Anyway, wake up to alarm-radio BBC Radio 2.
15 morning exercising. Cursing and hating it all the time.
Then, one day shower, another day shaving.
Then breakfast with the first cuppa
Tooth brushing.
Walking to work 25 minutes. In order not to fall asleep while walking I use hand grips or a powerball.

Total: 1h and 40 minutes.

I am very slow all my life but in the morning...it is a lot worse.
One of the reasons why I love weekends is I escape this bit:
Quote:
15 morning exercising. Cursing and hating it all the time. That includes pushups and cursed squatting

Last edited by astra; 09-28-2010 at 04:48 AM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:11 AM   #41
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
mad dashes in the morning are not recommended. with six cats one can never tell if they've left any presents to be stood in ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #42
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
mad dashes in the morning are not recommended. with six cats one can never tell if they've left any presents to be stood in ....
Actually, in order to avoid messiness, I have acquired recently Mega-Sonic Cat...
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #43
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Mine never leave presents during the night. First of all, they're litter-trained and second they're not allowed to go outside at night (so no mice, rats, birds or frogs...) But, there are often some cats right outside the door and it's only two steps to the top of the stairs...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #44
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
... wonder if I've missed anything important in the meeting that I should have put into the minutes/notes.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:06 AM   #45
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
**alarm is by the bath (which keeps me from hitting the snooze button) and set to country music - which I hate (so I will quickly get up just to turn it off). **

You sound like a friend of mine - who sets the clock radio alarm to a Spanish gospel station at top volume and puts it in the bathroom - she hates the music so much she runs to shut it off!

Of course, there was the night her cat hit the "ON" button at 4 am and thought she should get fed!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote