Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 01:10 AM   #16
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I went to the Sony store today and was wowed by the difference in the intensity of the ink. The Prs-600 looked pallid by comparison.
I am awaiting a kindle which I bought my mother which I believe will also have a better display.

If that is not enough then remember a time you left it home and were lost without it or misplaced it. Mention this and the tears in your eyes should convince him.

Hopefully your brother is the kind of guy who will say "sure Sis, no problem",or the kind of guy who will say "no way" while thinking "what a great stocking stuffer for her for Christmas".

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #17
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hols57 View Post
There's no fun in a rotary washing line!
that's what you think!
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2010, 09:21 AM   #18
Georgiegirl2012
Connoisseur
Georgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony touch prs600
I have downloaded the Kindle for pc application onto my netbook, so I can access it that way. Then, if at some point I acquire a Kindle, then anything I have on there can be transfered across.
Georgiegirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:31 AM   #19
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiegirl2012 View Post
I have downloaded the Kindle for pc application onto my netbook, so I can access it that way. Then, if at some point I acquire a Kindle, then anything I have on there can be transfered across.
That's how I started out, too.

It also enabled me to actually buy books from Amazon, which I couldn't do without a Kindle application. (I admit I didn't read back in this thread -- maybe that was your point!) Anyway, there are ways to read those Kindle books on your Sony if you want to, and then when you get your Kindle you could read them on either reader.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:34 AM   #20
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiegirl2012 View Post
Bad move...shows a willingness to compromise. Thing is, you need a new Kindle because you need it - no-one who does not experience such needs can understand those who do, so trying to justify it to such a person is futile. If you show weakness now you might well end up with a deep fat fryer.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #21
Georgiegirl2012
Connoisseur
Georgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the rough

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
That's how I started out, too.

It also enabled me to actually buy books from Amazon, which I couldn't do without a Kindle application. (I admit I didn't read back in this thread -- maybe that was your point!) Anyway, there are ways to read those Kindle books on your Sony if you want to, and then when you get your Kindle you could read them on either reader.
I did want access to books only available (or much cheaper) on amazon without the need to accummulate more physical books, which I will no doubt do for those authors I have complete works of (nothing worthy or valuable but stuff I like) and in terms of the other bit - yes I know, just haven't got rounds to trying it out yet.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:38 AM   #22
Georgiegirl2012
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Bad move...shows a willingness to compromise. Thing is, you need a new Kindle because you need it - no-one who does not experience such needs can understand those who do, so trying to justify it to such a person is futile. If you show weakness now you might well end up with a deep fat fryer.

Good point, but I do still have to wait for Christmas so think of all that free stuff I can get between now and then.