Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-13-2024, 02:51 PM   #1
willowpangolin
willowpangolin began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Help with RemoteInk please?

Summary: when I connect the PocketBook through RemoteInk I get a black screen (usually). Details:

I got a Pocketbook Touch HD 3 to use as a display with RemoteInk for a raspberry pi4b running the usual Debian-based pi OS. My install on the server side seems to be working correctly, and my local hotspot is running correctly. I installed the client side RemoteInk app, and used the config file on the client side to set the login parameters.

It seems to connect correctly, and twice yesterday the PocketBook gave me a perfect desktop display! But usually when I start it I get just a black screen on the PocketBook. Does not matter whether or not I have a command window open on the desktop (I wondered if it was just zoomed in on the black of a command window, but no black is visible on the regular monitor.

When I stop RemoteInk on the server side, the Pocketbook screen goes back to normal, so in the blackout state it is definitely connected to RemoteInk.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? The fact that it worked perfectly twice is making me crazy because I don't know what I did differently.
willowpangolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 09:27 AM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
This is just a guess, but the problem could be that the pi4 is running wayland instead of X for the display.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 10:24 AM   #3
orontee
Connoisseur
orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.

Device: Vivlio Touch HD Plus
Did you recently apply a software update to the PocketBook device?
orontee is offline   Reply With Quote