Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-10-2024, 01:45 PM   #1
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Configuration Files

I have created a page on the MR wiki which collects some of the configuration files that I've found referenced here and on the German forum.

PocketBook Configuration

Obviously it is incomplete. Hopefully folks here can contribute to it.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 02:50 PM   #2
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
Since you have looked things up, you should really mention together with each discovery what models were checked about, and what major firmware version they refer to. Things have changed, although probably not so dramatically. One example of that is this icons thread which mentions json files found in apparently only in fw 6.X.
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 04:39 PM   #3
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, that's a good point.

The thread I looked at was from an InkPad 3, and no stated firmware version. So I've updated the page with that for now.
Old 01-10-2024, 07:07 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Thank you for doing this!
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 12:16 PM   #5
jrw174
Connoisseur
jrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the rough

Device: PocketBook Era
Hey thanks! We have some good info you could add if you see fit at this github https://github.com/jjrrw174/PocketBo...Customizations
jrw174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 06:41 AM   #6
chrisridd
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw174 View Post
Hey thanks! We have some good info you could add if you see fit at this github https://github.com/jjrrw174/PocketBo...Customizations
Done!
Old 01-15-2024, 03:33 AM   #7
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
Does anyone know how to make this thread sticky, or alternatively add the link of the wiki to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=292165 (which is itself badly outdated and would benefit of some revamp?)
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 04:41 AM   #8
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Agreed. The old info should be archived, time to start afresh with what works on current devices with recent firmware etc.

Can a mod oversee or grant the necessary permissions to a willing user?
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 09:00 AM   #9
ibat
Fool
ibat began at the beginning.

Device: HanLin V3, Cybook Odyssey HD, PocketBook PB626, PB632
This is nice. Thank you!
On HD 3 I updated system/config/desktop/view.json but after reboot the files was reset back.
ibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 09:16 AM   #10
jrw174
Connoisseur
jrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the rough

Device: PocketBook Era
Strange. I don't see this behavior on my Era. What software version are you on?
jrw174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 04:32 AM   #11
ibat
Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw174 View Post
Strange. I don't see this behavior on my Era. What software version are you on?
this HD3 is on U636.6.8.2102
is there a newer version?
Old 01-26-2024, 05:37 AM   #12
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibat View Post
this HD3 is on U636.6.8.2102
is there a newer version?
Works fine on my HD3 on that FW. How were you editing view.json?
Old 01-26-2024, 09:00 AM   #13
ibat
Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
Works fine on my HD3 on that FW. How were you editing view.json?
oops I was editing apps.json.
I mounted the device to my windows pc and Linux and used vim to edit the file.
after reboot the file was restored
Old 01-26-2024, 09:35 AM   #14
neil_swann80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibat View Post
oops I was editing apps.json.
I mounted the device to my windows pc and Linux and used vim to edit the file.
after reboot the file was restored
Let us know the outcome of editing view.json

Tags
configuration folder, pocketbook, wiki