Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-23-2024, 05:44 PM   #1
michal
michal began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
Kiwix-serve on PB743K3

Hi,
I would like to use offline wikipedia (wikitravels.zim) on Pocketbook. How I can use kiwix-serve on my pocketbook? And how to use internet browser with loopback interface?

I tried bash script in kiwix.app something like:
kiwix-serve --port=8080 wikipedia.zim

But after run kiwix.app nothing happend. I used version kiwix-tools_linux-armhf-3.4.0.tar.gz.

Could somebody help me with configuring and running Offline Wikipedia on pocketbook? How to do it? Thanks for any feedback!
michal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 04:12 AM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
If the ZIM file is not too large, it can work with this:
https://github.com/JuanJakobo/Pocketbook-ZIM-Reader

Cave: Splitting the ZIM destroys the search index therefore filesize is limited to under 4GB.
See here:
https://github.com/JuanJakobo/Pocket...eader/issues/1

Kiwix doesn't work on unrooted PB since localhost is deactivated. You could activate it on an rooted device via:
ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up
but even after this my older tests resulted with my PB trying to get online while connecting to localhost.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 01-24-2024 at 04:20 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 01:40 PM   #3
michal
michal began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
thanks @nhedgehog - Pocketbook-ZIM-Reader works more or less But images are not extraced and also links doesnt work (in app).

Do you know is maybe another solution for unrooted PB?
michal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 08:54 AM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
No, you'll need localhost for that.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote