Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-10-2024, 01:33 PM   #1
Samzza
Samzza began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad color 3
Koreader crashing on launch

Hello, I have a pocketbook inkpad color 3 and I tried downloading koreader onto it but couldn't get it to work. I tried multiple times installing and re-installing the files, but everyitme I launch koreader from the apps menu it freezes for a while as it is loading and then crashes me into the menu screen of my device.

This is what the crash file says:

launching...
_ _____ ____ _
| |/ / _ \| _ \ ___ __ _ __| | ___ _ __
| ' / | | | |_) / _ \/ _` |/ _` |/ _ \ '__|
| . \ |_| | _ < __/ (_| | (_| | __/ |
|_|\_\___/|_| \_\___|\__,_|\__,_|\___|_|

It's a scroll... It's a codex... It's KOReader!
[*] Current time: 01/10/24-16:33:12[*] Version: v2023.10

ffi.load: libs/libutf8proc.so.2
ffi.load: blitbuffer
ffi.load: inkview
01/10/24-16:33:13 INFO SoftwareVersion: U743k3.6.8.2480
./luajit: frontend/device/pocketbook/device.lua:834: unrecognized PocketBook model PB743K3
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
frontend/device/pocketbook/device.lua:834: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'probeDevice'
frontend/device.lua:61: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
./reader.lua:151: in main chunk
[C]: at 0x00013f6d
!!!!
Uh oh, something went awry... (Crash n°5: 01/10/24 @ 16:33:13)
Too many consecutive crashes, aborting . . .
!!!! ! !!!!

I'm not completely sure I am installing koreader correctly because in the guide in github it says: "Copy and merge both the applications and system directories into your PocketBook's USB root directory" and I am not sure what is meant with merge here. I tried to put the system file into different places if that makes a difference but I couldn't make it work.
Samzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 01:54 PM   #2
Samzza
Samzza began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad color 3
nvm found a fix here https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/11329
Samzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 04:06 AM   #3
dardonardo
dardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdardonardo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have the same problem, on trying to open Koreader, the inkpad Color 3 freezes for a few seconds and the goes back to the main page…
dardonardo is offline   Reply With Quote