Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-04-2020, 12:31 PM   #121
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
V3 on my Poke Pro differs significantly from V3 on Poke 2/3
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 06:59 PM   #122
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
No international version of V3.0 for my Nova Pro yet. But it is coming because my Note Pro updated this morning.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 02:15 AM   #123
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Onyx Note 1 updated today
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 07:55 AM   #124
Hrod
Enthusiast
Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hrod knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Boox Nova Pro & Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
No international version of V3.0 for my Nova Pro yet. But it is coming because my Note Pro updated this morning.
This is strange because my Nova Pro got the update 1 before than my Note Pro.
They have a different build number but both are dated 2020-12-02.
Hrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:13 AM   #125
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrod View Post
This is strange because my Nova Pro got the update 1 before than my Note Pro.
They have a different build number but both are dated 2020-12-02.
Yes, it really is odd. Just tried again and still no V3.0 update for my Nova Pro. But I'm none too worried as I know that it will eventually arrive.
Old 12-05-2020, 11:05 PM   #126
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many!
Update v3.0 is available from the US server for my Max 2 Pro, but not yet the Nova Pro. Can't be much longer now before it's available for the smaller device.
Crowriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:31 PM   #127
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The new firmware gives a cleaner look to the UI, and navigation is noticeably snappier on my Max 2 Pro. Nice to have layers in Notes, plus a couple of new brushes. NeoReader seems much the same, but again snappier.

Happy enough so far...
Old 12-07-2020, 06:51 AM   #128
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Yes, it really is odd. Just tried again and still no V3.0 update for my Nova Pro. But I'm none too worried as I know that it will eventually arrive.
My Nova Pro just got the V3.0 update from the US server last night. Very happy so far.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:55 PM   #129
masp
Enthusiast
masp began at the beginning.

Device: ipad air
I also got the 3.0 update from the US server just now, and it works great on my nova pro. I was able to disable the floating toolbar and navigation ball. Still keeping fingers crossed for an upgrade to android 9 (or dare I say 10?!), mainly to get split screen everywhere; I would be curious to know whether that's still planned, or merely aspirational, or dropped at this point?
masp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 03:14 PM   #130
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by masp View Post
Still keeping fingers crossed for an upgrade to android 9 (or dare I say 10?!), mainly to get split screen everywhere; I would be curious to know whether that's still planned, or merely aspirational, or dropped at this point?
This has never happened at Boox.
And I believe that this company will stick to its tradition.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 03:32 PM   #131
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
This has never happened at Boox.
And I believe that this company will stick to its tradition.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 07:22 PM   #132
Crowriver
Groupie

Yep, now on Nova Pro too. Good to have both devices running the upgraded firmware.

Performance seems to be markedly improved on 2.3.1, especially when opening, reading and scribbling on PDFs. Which is great, as that's a prime use of my Max 2 Pro.
Old 01-01-2021, 04:03 PM   #133
Sm0och
Sm0och began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T2
Quote:
Hi, just to confirm: Note Pro updated to software V3.0, meaning split screen and Android 9 available?
Sm0och is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 06:22 PM   #134
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0och View Post
Hi, just to confirm: Note Pro updated to software V3.0, meaning split screen and Android 9 available?
Still Android 6. Split screen only available when using Neoreader. However, layers are now available in the note taking app which is very useful when drawing. And Neoreader now shows up in the multi-task list, making it easy to jump back and forth between Neoreader and other apps.

Overall, am very happy with the new 3.0 firmware on both my Note Pro and my Nova Pro.
Old 01-02-2021, 04:06 AM   #135
DenisR
Connoisseur
DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.

Device: Onyx Boox Max2
Hello,

V3.0 seems now available for download for most of the Max serie (Max2 and newer ones, not Max and Max Carta) :
https://www.boox.com/downloads/
I downloaded it for my Max2 and will soon apply it.
Happy new year for everyone
Denis

[Edit] V3.0 update installed and running without problem
Changelog here : https://medium.com/boox-content-hub/...g-c1ab5bc4515b

Last edited by DenisR; 01-06-2021 at 07:35 AM.
DenisR is offline   Reply With Quote