Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-10-2015, 08:14 AM   #241
johh
johh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: I86HD ML Plus , T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, I think it's vanishingly unlikely that the T68 will ever be upgraded to Android 4.4, and neither would I want it to be, with all the security restrictions that would impose. Would you want those restrictions?
Which restrictions ? I'm expecting from android device that it's good working with Android ecosystem like google applications , 3rd party ereaders , shops etc.

For me not working full screen in current version is very frustrated ( I know that exist workaround - app for hide top status bar ,but it's not resolution )

Why android 4.4 - see for example
https://developer.android.com/traini...immersive.html

also I hope
1. for better video drivers
2. that stupid device partitioning will be changed in next sytem version
johh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:40 AM   #242
freelancewriter
Banned
freelancewriter began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Harry was talking about 4.4 vs 4.0 not 5.0 vs 4.0. I don't think we'll ever see an upgrade to 5.0. Especially considering how about every single Android device maker maybe makes one (major) upgrade for that device. In the two years I've had a Windows phone, I've had more major updates than I've had in 5 years with Android devices (two devices, one update each).
Neither was I, but the change in handling external storage was carried over to 5.x

Neither do I expect the T68 will be upgraded to 5.x, I was just using it as a reference.

Happy Weekend All.
freelancewriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:24 PM   #243
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by johh View Post
Which restrictions ?
The restrictions on the use of the external SD card. They're a real pain in Android 4.4, and that's significant for a device with as small an amount of internal storage as the T68 has.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:26 PM   #244
freelancewriter
Banned

Anyway, I concur upgrading to 4.4 or above is not that a major concern for the T68, nice to have, but not a must, the e-ink screen is slow enough to bog down any speed improvements, if there's any.

OTOH, can we change the default dictionary from Onyx to say, GoldenDict or ColorDict?

Happy Weekend.

Edit: After using for a few more days, the two things I hope to address most are the lowest brightness (still too bright) & touchscreen accuracy (can be improved).

Last edited by freelancewriter; 07-16-2015 at 05:53 AM.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:22 PM   #245
freelancewriter
Banned

One question, there's a "left right" side icon on the notification bar (top), if I click it, it will change into "plus minus" icon.

What is the difference?

Sincerely.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:26 PM   #246
inmee
Banned
inmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: T68 Boox
Onyx has launched T68 Plus, the difference is 1GB RAM + 8GB flash.

The price difference is 100 CNY.

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERTOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-10-2015 at 03:48 PM.
inmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:50 PM   #247
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

inmee
Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:08 AM   #248
inmee
Banned
inmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blueinmee can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Sorry.

Anyway, do you guys think it makes a difference? I just picked up an original T68, didn't expect they'd release a new version so soon.

Cheers.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:22 PM   #249
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmee View Post
Sorry.

Anyway, do you guys think it makes a difference? I just picked up an original T68, didn't expect they'd release a new version so soon.

Cheers.
Depends on how long it takes for the new T68 to hit the market. The current T68 had its share of growing pains. I hope the Plus version is more reliable, has Carta, and a larger partition for user apps.

I checked on Banggood, and they have just taken off the current T68 from their site. Maybe they will sell the Plus?

Does anyone have any specs on the Plus? I'm curious.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 03:22 PM   #250
inmee
Banned

According to Onyx official website the only difference is 1GB RAM and 8GB flash.