Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-15-2014, 07:48 AM   #721
Rob557
Zealot
Rob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
example of broken TOC links - how to bulk-find problem ePubs ?

Greetings.

I was trying to find a way to bulk-identify ePubs that have problems with the TOC but was not successful finding existing problems using the Quality Check options.

To illustrate, the link below is to a partial ePub that contains TOC links that do not work, but the Quality Check plugin did not identify the ePub as a problem. The Quality Check option I had tried was "Check ePub Structure: Check NCX TOC with broken links".

http://www78.zippyshare.com/v/83382137/file.html
"PARTIAL SAMPLE OF BROKEN TOC LINKS.epub" It is not a full ePub but just an illustrative sample.

I was hoping to determine if there was some alternative approach to bulk-search for problem cases, perhaps with regular expressions, but none of the metadata columns seem to provide insight into the TOC and the validity of the links. Supposedly at some time the links had been working, but they were not when I downloaded the full ePub from the internet.

Thanks in advance for any help. I wasn't sure if I should post this here or under the "Library Management" part of the forum.
Rob557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:09 PM   #722
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob557 View Post
Greetings.

I was trying to find a way to bulk-identify ePubs that have problems with the TOC but was not successful finding existing problems using the Quality Check options.

To illustrate, the link below is to a partial ePub that contains TOC links that do not work, but the Quality Check plugin did not identify the ePub as a problem. The Quality Check option I had tried was "Check ePub Structure: Check NCX TOC with broken links".
<removed>
"PARTIAL SAMPLE OF BROKEN TOC LINKS.epub" It is not a full ePub but just an illustrative sample.

I was hoping to determine if there was some alternative approach to bulk-search for problem cases, perhaps with regular expressions, but none of the metadata columns seem to provide insight into the TOC and the validity of the links. Supposedly at some time the links had been working, but they were not when I downloaded the full ePub from the internet.

Thanks in advance for any help. I wasn't sure if I should post this here or under the "Library Management" part of the forum.

the links are sort of not fully broken (the destination file exists).

There are no matching anchors within the file referenced

Last edited by theducks; 03-15-2014 at 12:11 PM.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #723
Rob557
Zealot
Rob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

the links are sort of not fully broken (the destination file exists). There are no matching anchors within the file referenced
Yes, kind of a puzzler as to how to identify these problem cases. Clicking on the TOC items does not have the desired effect.

When using Calibre's relatively new "Edit TOC" display, the problem items are displayed with orange circles rather than green checkmarks, with the associated comment "the location this entry points to does not exist".

A different version of a broken link I guess, but I guess the issue would be how to bulk-identify all ePubs that do not have a matching anchor?
Old 03-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #724
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob557 View Post
Yes, kind of a puzzler as to how to identify these problem cases. Clicking on the TOC items does not have the desired effect.

When using Calibre's relatively new "Edit TOC" display, the problem items are displayed with orange circles rather than green checkmarks, with the associated comment "the location this entry points to does not exist".

A different version of a broken link I guess, but I guess the issue would be how to bulk-identify all ePubs that do not have a matching anchor?
In bulk mode: It would be very intensive, as every link would need to be followed whereas the current QC PI check seems to jusr check the the FILE destination exists (the file is not scanned) .

Then there is the technical Positive that can happen with files (modified) that have been split. The file name is still correct, but the anchor is missing. You GET the desired results (defaults to TOF when anchor is not found).
Old 03-15-2014, 04:40 PM   #725
Rob557
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
In bulk mode: It would be very intensive ...
Ah well, I guess this would be one of those situations where, if a problem is encountered as a one-off problem, then it would be resolved at that time rather than looking ahead to identify and resolve all existing problem cases. Thanks for your comments theducks.

If perchance someone thinks of an efficient checking method, even if it means leaving the process to run as it cranks through large libraries, that would still be of interest although I can see why it may not be desirable to build it in as a standard plugin feature (at least not without a warning message).

Last edited by Rob557; 03-15-2014 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #726
camelx
camelx began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, Kindle Voyager
How to change marked to selected

I love the Quality Check plugin, thanks.

I have a question about my results. After running some checks, it only "marks" the results. If I want to bulk edit the results, then I have to select them.

So is there a command to change all Marked items to be selected?

Or if not, can I get all the Marked items to be grouped together? So I could them shift click select them all.

This would be useful if I'm looking for invalid title_sort or author_sort values. I could fix them with bulk metadata.

Thanks in advance.
camelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #727
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelx View Post
I love the Quality Check plugin, thanks.

I have a question about my results. After running some checks, it only "marks" the results. If I want to bulk edit the results, then I have to select them.

So is there a command to change all Marked items to be selected?

Or if not, can I get all the Marked items to be grouped together? So I could them shift click select them all.

This would be useful if I'm looking for invalid title_sort or author_sort values. I could fix them with bulk metadata.

Thanks in advance.
If your view (a preference setting) only has marked items showing.:ctrl-A or click the little block above the row numbers
Old 05-09-2014, 06:45 AM   #728
Rob557
Zealot

re: how to change marked to selected

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelx View Post
... can I get all the Marked items to be grouped together? So I could them shift click select them all ...
I'm not sure if I'm partially saying the same thing as theducks, but some alternatives to consider (although typically for me the quality check results do seem to be grouped together already, so maybe my preference settings are already different):
1) In the top right corner click on the icon button containing four horizontal blue lines stacked on top of each other ("enable or disable search highlighting"),
or 2) In the top left corner click on the Virtual Library button and select "current search" and to reverse that process click on that same button and select "none".
Old 07-10-2014, 09:29 AM   #729
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta for calibre change to Qt5

FYI, I am not kiwidude and this isn't my plugin. But I'm trying to help out by porting some of the plugins I use regularly while kiwidude is busy.

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins.

This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Quality Check-qt5.zip (128.7 KB, 325 views)

Last edited by davidfor; 07-10-2014 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Forgot to attach the file.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:35 PM   #730
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I ran a number of checks against my whole library under calibre beta 1.200. No problems encountered. I can confirm the config bug is gone.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:50 AM   #731
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Hello, I really have no idea where I should post this, but google directed me to this thread.
I'm having this problem whenever I select a book I've downloaded using the fanfiction downloader plugin. Anyway, here's the error. This is waaaay beyond my understanding. So I really hope somebody can help me.

Code:
calibre, version 1.46.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:local variable 'lt' referenced before assignment

calibre 1.46 Portable isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 609, in show_data
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 335, in show_data
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 28, in render_html
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 103, in render_data
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\render.py", line 159, in mi_to_html
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'lt' referenced before assignment

Last edited by hleo12; 07-25-2014 at 02:57 AM.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:54 AM   #732
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post
I'm having this problem whenever I select a book I've downloaded using the fanfiction downloader plugin. Anyway, here's the error. This is waaaay beyond my understanding. So I really hope somebody can help me.
Do you get this error when attempting to run the Quality Check plugin on the book? If not please be specific about what you are doing when you get this error.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:04 AM   #733
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@DoctorOhh I suspect hleo2 got here via googling

Anyways the problem is fixed, so hleo2 should get a fresh download from here calibre - Download and reinstall 1.46.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:12 PM   #734
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
I am getting the following error when trying to use the Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire feature, this has occurred since I installed the latest version. How do I go back to a previous version? BTW I am on Calibre v1.45.0

Code:
calibre, version 1.45.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:arguments did not match any overloaded call:
  QProgressDialog(QWidget parent=None, Qt.WindowFlags flags=0): argument 1 has unexpected type 'unicode'
  QProgressDialog(QString, QString, int, int, QWidget parent=None, Qt.WindowFlags flags=0): argument 2 has unexpected type 'NoneType'

calibre 1.45 Portable isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Python 2.7.5
  File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.action", line 190, in perform_check
  File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.check_fix", line 44, in perform_check
  File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.check_fix", line 353, in fix_mobi_asin
  File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.dialogs", line 622, in __init__
TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:
  QProgressDialog(QWidget parent=None, Qt.WindowFlags flags=0): argument 1 has unexpected type 'unicode'
  QProgressDialog(QString, QString, int, int, QWidget parent=None, Qt.WindowFlags flags=0): argument 2 has unexpected type 'NoneType'
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #735
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I am getting the following error when trying to use the Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire feature, this has occurred since I installed the latest version. How do I go back to a previous version? BTW I am on Calibre v1.45.0

Code:
calibre, version 1.45.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:arguments did not match any overloaded call:

calibre 1.45 Portable isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Python 2.7.5
  File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.action", line 190, in perform_check
  File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.check_fix", line 44, in perform_check
  File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.check_fix", line 353, in fix_mobi_asin
  File "calibre_plugins.quality_check.dialogs", line 622, in __init__
TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:
Yikes! unlike Calibre, there is no back versions kept.

Do you have an older backup of your configuration folder ? Just replace the file in the plugins folder