Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-29-2014, 11:08 PM   #1
saikyo
saikyo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 3g/wifi
Post Paperwhite Case Recs

Hello,

I used to have an Oberon case for my Kindle Keyboard... but the Kindle Keyboard recently broke and is out of warranty. It randomly reboots and sometimes will not exit the screen saver mode. So sad.

So I ordered a Paperwhite.

Any case recommendations? I LOVED the Oberon Design Case, but It's so expensive that I can't justify buying another one for the Paperwite...

I want case that will protect the Kindle and the screen well. I have a toddler who may accidently, you know, throw it. The oberon was sufficient as it is thick leather that fully covered the edges of the device. I don't want to have to take the kindle out of the case to use it. I want something that looks good as well.

Any recommendations?

Help appreciated!
saikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:32 PM   #2
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
There are two previous threads you might read on this topic-
most recent and shortest here and the really gigantic early thread here. PW and PW2 use the same cases.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2014, 12:08 AM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Paperwhite case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikyo View Post
...I don't want to have to take the kindle out of the case to use it. I want something that looks good as well.

Any recommendations?

Help appreciated!

I have the official Amazon case and wouldn't want any other.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:57 AM   #4
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
I recently bought the Fintie Folio Case and like it a lot:
http://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Paperwh.../dp/B009S2CWX4

I got the two-tone black and brown.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:06 AM   #5
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I second Alanspace's recommendation of the official Amazon case. Love it.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2014, 01:30 AM   #6
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Third for the Amazon case here. I ended up getting one of the customized Amazon-branded cases through Amazon & CafePress, and the case itself is of excellent quality.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:16 AM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I did buy and try some third party cases for the paperwhite, but the official Amazon case was the best. Very nicely done, the 2012 cases.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:13 AM   #8
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
They are great but a little pricey. I'm too thrifty to spend $40 on a case.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:31 AM   #9
jscarbo
Addict
jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW2, Nook HD+, Nexus 7
I recently switched from another case to this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . I'm very satisfied with it.
jscarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:35 AM   #10
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Amazon wish list

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
Me too! Which is why it was placed on my Amazon wish list and I got mine for Christmas!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:49 PM   #11
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
The price IS insane, make no mistake. There are certainly cheaper options, but...

The off-brand ones can have issues. The $12 case I bought first was "good enough" until I realized that the magnetic off/on function was sporadic at best. Having that working correctly seems like a small thing, but it turns out that this one simple feature makes a pretty big difference to my reading enjoyment. The off brand, though similar in style, also didn't offer as complete protection, and the front cover tended to line up unevenly with the rest of the case.

Saving the money up front ended up costing me more overall, as I ultimately bought the Amazon case anyway. Amazon Local sometimes offers coupon deals on Kindle accessories, so it's worth checking if that program is available in your area. I think the most recent one I saw was around 25-30% off.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:41 PM   #12
Pangolin
Pangolin
Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 2
I know, but they are really good and the purple is a deep blackcurrant, not a harsh papal purple. If you can spring for it, I think its a good way to go.

I've teamed it up with this skin
http://www.gelaskins.com/andy-kehoe/...dle-paperwhite
I think the guy is really good - others of his are, imho, beautiful toooo.
Pangolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #13
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
I have an official case and wouldn't want to use anything else, but if budget is more of a concern for people then there is a 3rd party version of the official case that is sold on amazon under a number of different company names e.g. Anker for a much lower price.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:14 PM   #14
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
The official case is well worth the money. It gives the PW the perfect feel and look. Treat yourself and splurge those 15 or 20 dollars on yourself and your reading habit.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #15
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I have the same Noreve case I used for my PW1. It's more expensive than a lot of cases, but it's beautiful, and the flap reverses to hold the case open when I'm reading.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, cover, paperwhite, protection