Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-27-2011, 01:23 AM   #1
Paul Levine
Connoisseur
Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I Admit It: I’m Reading “Feminist Literary Erotica.”

Now, I’m not sure there’s such a category. But I just finished Vicki Hendricks’ three short stories in the Kindle edition of “Dangerous Sex,” ($0.99), and that’s what I’m calling it.

There’s “Be Very Afraid,” in which a house party of women taken out their frustrations on a horny cable guy. “Penile Infraction” isn't a penalty in a football game. It's story involving a female bodybuilder with – how can I put this delicately? – a body part enhanced by steroids. Okay, it's her clitoris, which she uses to inflict pleasure and pain on her boyfriend. And in “Tender Fruit,” a middle-aged woman teaches a younger man some hard lessons.

The writing is sharp and funny, the tone sexy and at times violent, the underlying theme packed with feminine empowerment.

I’ve been a fan of Vicki Hendricks ever since her highly-praised debut novel, “Miami Purity.” These short stories are a timely reminder of just how good a writer she is.

Paul Levine
Paul Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
HarryShannon
HarryShannon began at the beginning.

Vicki Hendricks

She's great. My favorite is the novel "Miami Purity."
HarryShannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #3
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
It may be a fun read but I probably wouldn't call it "feminist." ha. Feminism doesn't glorify violence. Well, at least not the feminism I'm familiar with. Unless it has sword fights. Sword fights are awesome.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #4
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

DUDE - I have to dock you 3 He-Man points.

Now go drink a beer (from the bottle) to redeem yourself.

(Uh... I am typing this while watching the finals of Women's Professional Soccer. The Squirrel was one of the highlights).
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
erotica, vicki hendricks