Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #1
fargo
Virtual Books Reader :)
fargo began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, Kindle DX, iPhone
Host USB?

While I'm waiting for my iLiad, I'd like to know if it can work as a USB host to drive external HDs or printers for example.

Thank you.
fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It can act as a USB host, but only for low power devices like keyboards, USB memory sticks, etc.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #3
fargo

That's good. High power devices can take power from external sources. So, what really keeps us from printing directly from iLiad is the absence of proper printers' drivers software, right?
Old 05-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fargo View Post
That's good. High power devices can take power from external sources. So, what really keeps us from printing directly from iLiad is the absence of proper printers' drivers software, right?
Drivers are the problem, but why do you want to print anyway if you have an eInk device? My dead-tree paper consumption has decreased rapidly since I own my iLiad.
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:33 AM   #5
Boris
Enthusiast
Boris began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet PC, a broken Iliad V2
fargo,

I asked a similar question about printing when I got my Iliad the thread is here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13882

I must admit that without the ability to print a copy of forms and documents the Iliad has become a novelty as opposed to a useful work tool. Shame really

Boris
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2008, 04:29 PM   #6
fargo

That is exactly why I asked for this feature: business use. The solutions I'm thinking of to overcome this shortage are:

1. connect the device to a computer and print directly of the SD card,
2. Photocopy e-ink screen, or
3. Send the file to be printed to a compute over WiFi (if possible )
Old 05-05-2008, 05:36 PM   #7
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by fargo View Post
2. Photocopy e-ink screen
I like this option the best, because its so funny full of paradox
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote