Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-25-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
PeJoMe
PeJoMe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Free Classic Book Downloads Directly From Kindle

As a fellow (smitten) Kindle user, I was looking for an easy way to get access to the 28,000+ free books on the Gutenberg site directly from my Kindle.

I didn't find any that worked just right - So, I created my own free site that I'd like to share with the Kindle community: www.pejome.com.

You can use it to search and download decently formatted classic (free) books directly from the Kindle.

The site is still in the early stages of testing (beta) so, please be forgiving if you come across issues. E-mail the link on the web site with your feedback if you like.
PeJoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
PeJoMe
PeJoMe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Based on feedback received by many other users, I made a number of enhancements to the site.

You can now download any of the free, pre-converted Project Gutenberg books from the Reading Lists page: www.pejome.com/ReadingLists.htm

You can also see what others have downloaded to get ideas about free books that you can read.

A new page www.pejome.com/WhatsNew.htm lists all the noteworthy recent additions.

As always, I appreciate your feedback. Please keep it coming!
PeJoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeJoMe View Post
Based on feedback received by many other users, I made a number of enhancements to the site.

You can also see what others have downloaded to get ideas about free books that you can read.

A new page www.pejome.com/WhatsNew.htm lists all the noteworthy recent additions.
I like that you show what's new and what's popular. And will try it out.

Since April 2, I've had an entry about James Adcock's system; he provides, also for free, the full catalog (of Kindle-ready books) which you download to the Kindle.

This can then be searched using the Kindle's current-book search feature, which lands you on the results and you can download any of them to your Kindle directly.

http://kindleworld.blogspot.com/2009...to-kindle.html

I'll add yours to my Kindle to check your new and popular lists. Thanks for doing all this work. I do wonder what others have liked from that catalog.

- Andrys
http://kindleworld.blogspot.com
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
While this is a nice idea. We have a lot of eBooks from Project Gutenberg that are much much better hand crafted eBooks at MobileRead that just blow away those machine crafted versions you have up on your site. Now you'd be best to point the links the the threads here with the eBooks. Plus we laos have a wider range of formats for a wider range of reading devices.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote