Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 11:15 PM   #1
Scouttman
Scouttman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 International
Getting those sweet pings

Hi i'm embarking on the kindle hacking road and am currently having great fun gaining ssh access while mucking around with the e-ink.

I wish to periodically download images to my device but due to it's age it lacks wifi I was hopping to utilizing the 3G connection for this task; with all the problems that will bring.
As suggested by [Links deleted - MODERATOR] it would appear I need to connect to amazon's proxies and use an "x-fsn key" (which I have obtained) but I have no idea how to go about doing this.
It would be great to get advice on how to craft a simple ping or pointed to somewhere I can learn how.

Thanks in advance,
Scouttman

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-21-2016 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:14 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
No need to tether anything through your device, just script the device to do its own downloading.

If the Amazon 3G proxy service does not allow the connection, then connect over an established USBnetwork connection.

Note:
You are going to have to have the USB cable connected for power anyway.
Even a brand new, best condition, battery only provides an hour or two of run time.
Since this is an old K2 you are using, expect even a shorter run time.

Last edited by knc1; 01-21-2016 at 06:27 AM.
Advert
Old 01-21-2016, 06:39 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
Our site policy does not permit discussions of stealing 3G service from Amazon (aka "tethering"). Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
3g network, kindle 2, kindle 2i, ssh, usbnetwork