Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #61
CommonReader
Fanatic
CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, PRS-650, Vaio Tap 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Amazon really needs to change their system so that only people who purchased the book from Amazon can leave a review or comment and only from that account that made the purchase. I think reviews in general would be a much better quality and I might actually then consider them worthwhile to check. As it is now, the reviews are meaningless since people who haven't even read the book can post, making their entire rating system useless.
I don't see any need for that. Usually I look at the 1 and 2 star reviews first. This gives me a pretty good idea if there are serious issues or if the reviewers are out of their depth or had some sensitivities affected.
I just got myself "Exodus from the Alamo" by Phillip Thomas Tucker that also raised plenty of peoples' hackles.
CommonReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #62
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Amazon really needs to change their system so that only people who purchased the book from Amazon can leave a review or comment and only from that account that made the purchase. I think reviews in general would be a much better quality and I might actually then consider them worthwhile to check. As it is now, the reviews are meaningless since people who haven't even read the book can post, making their entire rating system useless.
+1

Proven buyers only reviews, less chance for someone with an "agenda" to muck things up. Buying does not prove that the book was read, but it is one step closer in proving it may have been read.

Compared to the out of the blue reviews from some that may or not read the book but not proven to possess it.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #63
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Personally I'm glad you don't have to buy a book to review it at Amazon. I use it as one of the sites where I cross-post from my review site.

Quite often the books are given to me to review so they won't show up as purchased.

But I'm beginning to come to terms with the idea that I'm going to have to drop Amazon as a place to leave reviews.Even if I produce a small book of poetry I'll probably have become ineligible for reviews.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote