Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I found the FAQ for the Soribook. I have good news and bad news. According to the FAQ, the Soribook does not have Wifi. Support for a Wifi SD card is going to be added in the near future.

But the good news is that I think the Soribook will have a full Windows CE OS on it. It should be possible to run Mobipocket, MSReader, and Ereader.

source:
http://translate.google.com/translat...ial%26hs%3DEhm
Windows CE is not the same as Windows Mobile or Pocket PC and may not, automatically, be able to run the readers you mentioned. See wiki.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:14 PM   #17
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I know this. But the FAQ seems to suggest that you can run other readers. Mobipocket is specifically mentioned in the FAQ.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #18
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I know this. But the FAQ seems to suggest that you can run other readers. Mobipocket is specifically mentioned in the FAQ.
MSReader is not likely however.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:11 PM   #19
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
Latest update: English version will be released at the end of Apr in the US. Since it’s not getting released in AU, they can arrange a special delivery for you and the estimated postage is US$40. BTW the RRP of the soribook is US$399.

Answers to questions in Korean are nearly instant, but questions in English might not be answered at all. Fortunately I have access to a Korean-writing coworker
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:52 PM   #20
Boreras
Connoisseur
Boreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: TBA
I'm guessing they would also be willing to ship to Europe?
Looks great! And now April is here, please keep us posted!
I was planning to buy either the Bookeen or Sony eBook reader, but the addition of a "전자식 터치패드", which Google translates to "electronic touch-pad" ("stylus" is mentioned in the same sentence) seems to make this my soon-to-be reader. Any info on the specs of this touchscreen bit? I mean, I can justly assume that the quality of this touchscreen is similar to that of the iLiad? (of course, whilst keeping the difference in screen resolution in mind)
Boreras is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2008, 07:23 PM   #21
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

I don't know any more at this stage. I've got my Korean co-worker signed up for updates and intend to order one as soon as I can and get it express shipped to me. Then I'll let you all know I'm changing jobs before then but she is willing to keep helping.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:00 AM   #22
rambler
rambler began at the beginning.

Device: None yet
I'm interested in this device too - so please keep us posted. Where does it mention that it supports mobipocket files? Or is this just a "potential" feature in the future?
rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:10 AM   #23
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler View Post
I'm interested in this device too - so please keep us posted. Where does it mention that it supports mobipocket files? Or is this just a "potential" feature in the future?
In their FAQ, Q11 talks about mobipocket.
http://www.soribook.com/customer/faq.htm

It seems that Soribook will not ship with mobipocket viewer of their own. It says
Quote:
Soribook has ARM11 processor which can run software developed for ARM9. Therefore, you can get mobipocket viewer program from the Internet and use it on Soribook.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:06 AM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So where do you find a Mobipocket viewer for the ARM9 processor?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:44 AM   #25
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
With any luck, the latest OldWindowsMobile ARM version will work. MobiPocket's Manual Download page also includes some older (unsupported) versions. The DT375 compatible version is one possibility.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's the processor that Windows Mobile devices use. Since this device runs CE it stands a reasonable chance of being able to run at least older versions of the Windows CE Mobi viewer.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:43 PM   #27
14391988 began at the beginning.

Device: none, yet
Hi all,

I am currently teaching English in Korea and intend on purchasing a Soribook reader. I am in contact with the manufacturers and hope to receive one sometime during May. I will gladly answer any questions once I have it.
14391988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:32 AM   #28
moz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14391988 View Post
I am currently teaching English in Korea and intend on purchasing a Soribook reader. I am in contact with the manufacturers and hope to receive one sometime during May. I will gladly answer any questions once I have it.
Cool! They won't even give me a firm delivery date yet.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:59 AM   #29
14391988 began at the beginning.

Device: none, yet
Help

Hi all

So here's my predicament:

I have been in touch with the people at Soribook about purchasing a reader. The only hold up has been the fact that the programs that will come with the reader are all in Korean. I was told that they would be able to convert them into English in the near future. In the mean time they have now offered me the Soribook with only Windows CS OS. I am not much of a computer buff so I'm not sure if I will be able to load other software that will enable me to read ebooks. I enquired about Mobipocket and was told that they have not got it to work thus far (something to do with Soribook having an ARM11 processor).

What would you recommend I do? Are there programs out there that will suffice until I get the English versions of the apps (I am looking to be able to read pdf's among other things)? Should I just wait patiently for an English Soribook?

Thanks in advance!
14391988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:34 AM   #30
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Can I order one using a credit card? I don't mind Korean interface.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e ink, e-book reader, soribook, touchscreen, windows ce