Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #331
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
The ftp function does not work, I can't access my Kindle from the duokan given ftp adress. I am trying on the K4NT (have not tried on the K3 yet) from a win 7 PC. Filezilla does not allow me access either, although I already changed my firewall to let Filezilla through, so I am at loss here.....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:09 AM   #332
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
The ftp function does not work, I can't access my Kindle from the duokan given ftp adress. I am trying on the K4NT (have not tried on the K3 yet) from a win 7 PC. Filezilla does not allow me access either, although I already changed my firewall to let Filezilla through, so I am at loss here.....
use file browser:
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #333
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
use file browser:
Tried that too, access is denied....
Old 03-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #334
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Tried that too, access is denied....
just to be sure: ftp is open only when this window is open on Duokan:
Old 03-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #335
aceflor
Wizard

I know.... I think there is something in my PC config that blocks it all....
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #336
circulus
circulus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Please, can anyone reupload last K4NT version to some other *functional* filesharing service? Both provided mirrors are terrible. One is in chinese lang and *require* registration, and turbobit doesn't allow me to download file, because I am behind NAT. Thanks for reup.
circulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:51 AM   #337
aceflor
Wizard

FYI : I uninstalled and re-installed my firewall, and I have now ftp access to both my kindles.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #338
circulus

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by username1 View Post
I have created an article regarding how to install DuoKan 2012 on Kindle 3 and Kindle 4NT. it contain translation from chinese to english based on the official tutorial.

http://www.leekongwah.com/how-to/ope...ut-conversion/

Here's the mirror for both file on first page

Version: 2012-03-01.C6632.rtm
Update time: 2012.03.02

Kindle 3 : mediafire
Kindle 4NT: mediafire
Yep, very thanks for reup
Old 03-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #339
micione20
Enthusiast
micione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: kobo
K3 user

i would like to downgrade to R1.1 stable (january 2012) because the latest one isn't so good. It is quite slow on changing pages, and pages are not good rendered (not refreshed even if i set every 1 page)
R1.1 version was perfect indeed! but i don't have it no more
may some one post it ?thks a lot
micione20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #340
thomass
Wizard

You can download it here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
For K3
Version No.: 2012-01-19.C5176.rtm (R1.1)
File Size: 60.1MB
Suitable models: kindle 3
Updated: 2012.1.20
Package: mirror1 , mirror2
Old 03-07-2012, 02:27 AM   #341
cristianm
cristianm began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60, Kindle 3, PRS-650
Dictionary in 2012-03-01 version

I encountered a small problem in the last version, regarding the dictionary behavior. When a word is not found in the dictionary, nothing happens on the screen. Usually this occurs on inflections (e.g. "wasted" is not found, but "waste" is).
On previous versions of DK2012 a small window popped up saying the word is not in the dictionary, and allowing further editing of the term (in my example, deleting the trailing "d", which leads to a match).

I hope the old behavior will be restored in the next version(s)...
cristianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #342
jarhead
Enthusiast
jarhead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi 3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristianm View Post
I encountered a small problem in the last version, regarding the dictionary behavior. When a word is not found in the dictionary, nothing happens on the screen. Usually this occurs on inflections (e.g. "wasted" is not found, but "waste" is).
On previous versions of DK2012 a small window popped up saying the word is not in the dictionary, and allowing further editing of the term (in my example, deleting the trailing "d", which leads to a match).
I noticed the same problem.
jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #343
thomass
Wizard

update: R2.2

Version Number: 2012-03-08 C6866.rtm
File Size: 61.1MB
Suitable models: kindle3
Update time: 2012.03.09

OTA update available

Packages:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiedis
Hi, a mirror for Duokan Like at mediafire:

(k3)2012-03-08 C6866.rtm.zip

(k4 non-touch)2012-03-08 C6866.rtm.zip
how to install

New features:
Added to the "dictionary" option in the menu menu in PDF format a book reading interface.

Improvements:
To optimize the display of instantaneous turn, reduce jagged;
Capturing time to adjust from 3s for 2s;
Recovered PDF intelligent rearrangement bookmarks, Shuzhai, endorsement, capturing the support;
Optimization of the push process: if the file name the same name, the system will automatically file with that name to rename; (for example, the: klip.me the push file)
Optimized epub / dotmobi books, flip speed, make the page more smoothly.

Fix the problem:
The repair of the English books PDF intelligent rearrangement, the English words connected together.

quoted from this post

Last edited by thomass; 03-10-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #344
aceflor
Wizard

Where do you install the dictionary files (dict, ifo and idx, right ?) in the kindle 4 ? Under xkindle/res/dict ?

My spanish dictionary is not recognized, although I did place all files there and did a reboot afterwards. Any idea what I have done wrong or forgotten to do ?

Edited to say : OK, a second reboot did the trick.

Last edited by aceflor; 03-08-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #345
circulus

Hmm, new version is here: http://bbs.duokan.com/forum/thread-58246-1-1.html, but, of course, not downloadable due to use terrible and slow Chinese "filesharing services". In world exist bambilion filesharing service, but chinese Duokan enginers must use this crappy thing. Why? I think about, they probably do not want to Duokan spread among humans.

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf