Zealot
Geco doesn't litterGeco doesn't litter

Device: Touch, Aura
Thanks!
Geco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #182
bossfan2000
Connoisseur
bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iPhone 6+, Kindle Voyage
I haven't seen anyone mention this, but the M-Edge cases for the Nook Touch fit the Kobo Touch pretty well. There is a little extra room on the left/right of the Kobo when in the Nook Touch case, but not enough to cause it to move around. If you have a Staples or Best Buy near you..do what I did. Take your Kobo into the store and check out the fit. I'm pretty happy with it (i have the Go Jacket, black color)..and now I can easily use my M-Edge Touch reading light.
bossfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #183
Shankill
Nameless Being

Just received one of the hemp ones of eBay mentioned a couple of pages ago. It fits perfectly, has a slot for a stylus, and all the holes match correctly. Can even access the SD card, plus access to the USB port and power slider is good (though the LED is blocked a bit). It also feels really well made and good quality.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #184
therealjoeblow
Zealot
therealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Samsung Android Tablet w/Moon+ Pro Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I have been looking at that cover also, but wondered if the closer flap would get in the way of the screen. Maybe it can be tucked back underneath the back of the case?
I have the case-crown with a near identical arrangement - when reading, I fold the cover all the way round the back, fold the strap back, and it snaps into the magnetic closer, firmly securing the cover in that position, and the whole thing is very nice and convenient for one-handed reading. The added bonus is that the folded-back cover stands off the actual back of the case by about 1/4", making a nice little gap to stuff your fingers in for a very secure grip; and also a nice spot to very securely attach a clip-on book light, where the clipping mechanism attaches solely to the folded-back cover and doesn't interfere with the screen in any way.

I really like the arrangement - if this particular case is the same as the casecrown, you could likely do the same (it says on the ebay page "designed to fold back").

If not, then just get the casecrown - I don't believe it will perform any worse than real leather - I have a 3 year old blackberry case that's made of seemingly the same synthetic material, and it's been to hell and back again and has no cracks or deterioration whatsoever. I don't expect to treat the casecrown anywhere near as badly, so I can't see it cracking or coming apart either.

Cheers
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #185
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
I went to a Borders that was closing and bought a leather Kobo case for $12. It was meant for Kobo Wifi, unfortunately, so the Touch is too small for it. But it came with a piece of white foamcore board, which I cut so that the Touch fits snugly into it, and painted it black. Unless you're looking closely you can't even tell there's a piece of foamcore in there.

EDIT: Now with pictures.

Last edited by tecweston; 09-10-2011 at 07:28 PM.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2011, 12:37 AM   #186
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjoeblow View Post
I have the case-crown with a near identical arrangement - when reading, I fold the cover all the way round the back, fold the strap back, and it snaps into the magnetic closer, firmly securing the cover in that position, and the whole thing is very nice and convenient for one-handed reading. The added bonus is that the folded-back cover stands off the actual back of the case by about 1/4", making a nice little gap to stuff your fingers in for a very secure grip; and also a nice spot to very securely attach a clip-on book light, where the clipping mechanism attaches solely to the folded-back cover and doesn't interfere with the screen in any way.

I really like the arrangement - if this particular case is the same as the casecrown, you could likely do the same (it says on the ebay page "designed to fold back").

If not, then just get the casecrown - I don't believe it will perform any worse than real leather - I have a 3 year old blackberry case that's made of seemingly the same synthetic material, and it's been to hell and back again and has no cracks or deterioration whatsoever. I don't expect to treat the casecrown anywhere near as badly, so I can't see it cracking or coming apart either.

Cheers
The REAL Joe
Thanks for this Joe. In the end I did decide to order the casecrown cover, because I thought the closer flap looked less likely to get in the way of the screen - and also because I liked the blue one! I'm looking forward to its arrival towards the end of the month.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:04 AM   #187
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
There's new colours for kobo touch case @ http://www.skindigitalstore.com/cate...FW0D4godYE6HoA
I like the pink
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #188
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IxiaAurea View Post
There's new colours for kobo touch case @ http://www.skindigitalstore.com/cate...FW0D4godYE6HoA
I like the pink
Thanks for that - they look good. Oh well, my Casecrown one should arrive soon.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:45 AM   #189
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun

My Casecrown case arrived today and I am very pleased with it. I join with others in recommending it if you are still wondering what to get.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:04 AM   #190
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I was just looking at the new Kindle (v4, non-touch screen) specs and it is: 6.5 x 4.5 x 0.34 inches (HWD), with the Kobo Touch being 6.5 x 4.5 x 0.4 inches (HWD), so we might be seeing some nice cases that are dually suitable for both devices coming out. With the Kindle market having the lions share it likewise seems to have the share of unique and interesting case/cover options.

The new Kindle Touch is a little bigger on all dimensions, but may still be within tolerance depending upon case design/style - 6.8 x 4.7 x 0.40 inches (HWD)
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #191
LaurieB419
LaurieB419 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by IxiaAurea View Post
I like the pink
I just got my case in from this website. I got the purple. I LOVE IT!!! It fits the KT perfectly, doesn't block any of the buttons and is extremely sturdy. I'll try to remember to post pictures tonight! But thanks for the tip!
LaurieB419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #192
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieB419 View Post
I just got my case in from this website. I got the purple. I LOVE IT!!! It fits the KT perfectly, doesn't block any of the buttons and is extremely sturdy. I'll try to remember to post pictures tonight! But thanks for the tip!
I ordered the purple...and I'm still waiting; it's now been 8 days after the delivery estimate window

Am looking forward to the pictures!
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #193
frankieGom
Interested
frankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Touch & Glo, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
I ordered the purple...and I'm still waiting; it's now been 8 days after the delivery estimate window

Am looking forward to the pictures!
That's unlucky. I have ordered several in two batches (I got KTs for a number of people in the family...) and both times they got home in a lot less than the advertized times. About 8 days each time from Hong Kong to Europe.

And I am really satisfied with the cover. It fits perfectly and gives very good protection. One thing could be improved, though... there is a flap inside the cover to store papers and if the cover is closed while the KT is on, then that flap will get close to the screen and may turn pages but since it's not a big deal to go to suspend I don't really care...

And sorry, no pictures yet.
frankieGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #194
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
I bought a gecko cover for my KT and it's not fussy or annoying. I found the casecrown one and a skindigital one I have to in the way and the clasp thing is annoying.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #195
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieGom View Post
That's unlucky. I have ordered several in two batches (I got KTs for a number of people in the family...) and both times they got home in a lot less than the advertized times. About 8 days each time from Hong Kong to Europe.

And I am really satisfied with the cover. It fits perfectly and gives very good protection. One thing could be improved, though... there is a flap inside the cover to store papers and if the cover is closed while the KT is on, then that flap will get close to the screen and may turn pages but since it's not a big deal to go to suspend I don't really care...

And sorry, no pictures yet.
Well, as luck would have it, I received it today, so no pictures necessary.
I wished the fit was a little more snug, actually - but it will do quite nicely!
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel