Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-05-2014, 06:56 AM   #1396
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Top of the Heap has a couple of new contributors and I thought I'd share the first reviews from these talented folks!

CRIME SEEN by Michaelbrent Collings - http://topoftheheapreviews.com/crime...rent-collings/

Our very first Romance review called Sizzle by Darcy Lundeen -http://topoftheheapreviews.com/sizzle-darcy-lundeen/
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #1397
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Darth Maul gets sent to prison in this Star Wars novel that even non-Star Wars fans can appreciate! The story, while set in the Star Wars universe, really is very un-Star Wars-like.

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/star-...joe-schreiber/
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #1398
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Recovering

My new post on my blog, The Ingesterie, talks about recovering from my broken shoulder, as well as the progress I'm making on my WIP, Quiet Post. It promises to be different from my usual sort of book.

http://stephengoldin.blogspot.com/20...ecovering.html
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:56 AM   #1399
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I reposted my do-it-yourself Valentines Day poem for all those tongue-tied lovers

http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2013/02/...love-poem.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #1400
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Plain Text to ePub: How to Panic Less about eBook Formats

Hi folks. Today I wrote my outline for a talk I hope to give at a writers' convention coming up this fall. The outline came out as a series of questions, so I decided to answer them all and put the write-up on my blog.

If you are new to ebook formats, this post might help you to decipher some of the basics of publishing for digital media. Good luck!

Plain Text to ePub: How to Panic Less about eBook Formats

Here's the synopsis:
Quote:
While much of the world has moved to digital media, many writing tools
still encourage us to write in ways more suited to print media. In this
presentation, Case Talbot, a Smashwords engineer, will present an
introduction to understanding the nuts and bolts of how digital media
formats such as PDF and ePub really work. With this knowledge, authors
will be empowered to make informed decisions about their writing flow
that will save them time (and sanity) while granting readers a better
experience than ever.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:33 AM   #1401
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Thanks, looks interesting.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:27 AM   #1402
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved to the the Shameless blog, Review thread.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #1403
vampiregrave
vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kobo Glo
Small update.
Almost one year after launching the project, our team converted and revised 18 books:

Eurico o Presbíbero, by Alexandre Herculano
Livro de Soror Saudade, by Florbela Espanca
O Banqueiro Anarquista, by Fernando Pessoa
Charneca em Flor, by Florbela Espanca
A Ilustre Casa de Ramires, by Eça de Queirós
O Livro de Cesário Verde, by Cesário Verde
Mensagem, by Fernando Pessoa
A Confissão de Lúcio, by Mário de Sá-Carneiro
Singularidades de uma Rapariga Loura, by Eça de Queirós
O Defunto, by Eça de Queirós
A Queda dum Anjo, by Camilo Castelo Branco
O Mistério da Estrada de Sintra, by Eça de Queirós and Ramalho Ortigão
Dom Casmurro, by Machado de Assis
Folhas Caídas, by Almeida Garrett
Loucura..., by Mário de Sá-Carneiro
Poesias Dispersas, by Guerra Junqueiro
A Escrava Isaura, by Bernard Guimarães
As Minas de Salomão, by H. Rider Haggard

You can download any of this titles for free here. Every eBook is also available at Kobobooks, Scribd and Google Play Books.

The project is growing, but we are always in need of help. If you are interested in portuguese literature, and would like to give us a hand (revision, conversion, etc.), just send an email to geral@projectoadamastor.org for more information.

If you have any suggestions, you can reply here, and I'll answer as soon as possible. Reader's feedback is important for us to improve.
vampiregrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:03 AM   #1404
Sgtpepper
Sgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Touch
Hello, everyone! I run a blog devoted to the End Of The World (I would put it in all caps but people might start thinking the apocalypse is here).

The blog is called After The Last Day and I review apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic fiction as well as cover Doomsday scenarios (the most recent being Ragnarok).

The most recent reviews I've done are for Joseph D'Lacey's The Black Dawn series, and tomorrow will be adding a guest post from the author himself, detailing how he'd survive the apocalypse. Coming soon are reviews for The End Is Nigh (anthology) and Morningside Fall amongst others.

I'd love for you to take a look at the creation of my alter-ego Captain Doomsday. The blog site is http://afterthelastday.com

Thanks for reading!
Sgtpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:58 PM   #1405
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Read an Ebook Week

My blog The Ingesterie has a list of my science fiction and fantasy books and stories available for 50-100% off during Read an Ebook Week (3/2-3/8).

Pleasant reading!

Last edited by sgoldin; 03-03-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:21 PM   #1406
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

I'm not tremendously well-read in this particular genre, but one of my favorite novels in it is George R. Stewart's Earth Abides, written many decades ago. It struck me as a very human book. I did a book of my own called Caravan, but I admit it's a minor effort.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:40 PM   #1407
mad_cat
mad_cat began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket edge
Home/Press site: http://home.chrisvotey.com
Blog: http://writing.chrisvotey.com

My Blog is Madness of a Modern Writer. It is dedicated to book and movie reviews, understanding grammar, tools for writers, and analyzing elements of plot and characters.

I am also doing a Worldbuilding series, that explores how to make your own map for your story for free.

I also have two books on the market as of this time with more coming out soon. You can find them on my Home/Press site.
mad_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:32 AM   #1408
cindyvine
cindyvine began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
My blog features guest bloggers, writing tips and random musings about my life as an expat. It's updated each week. http://cindy-vine.blogspot.com.
cindyvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #1409
arturg
Zealot
arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (10th gen)
If there are any Finnish speaking people, my book/reading blog is at www.kirjablogi.com
arturg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:28 AM   #1410
H.L. Cricket
H.L. Cricket began at the beginning.

Device: none
Another New Blog...(like it's needed :)

I'm struggling with self promoting everything about my YA fiction...Trying - with this blog (www.hlcricket.net) - to engage readers (all ages) in conversation that will a) help me with my writing b) help promote who I am c) discuss current events that eventually be somehow twisted into my fiction!

Thanks for this opportunity! http://www.hlcricket.net
H.L. Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing