Notices

Old 01-26-2009, 05:50 AM   #1
Tibor
Enthusiast
Tibor began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Looking for a way to create ebooks

Hi

I need a way to create and ebook, but what I have seen in software is that the text is showed like a large html, so I dont have any clue how the test will be formatted into a 6'' screen of the PRS505.

I want to create and ebook that combines test and images, and want that text to be formatted as they will be shown in the screen. In book designer, I dont see it, because it is show adjusted in the window, so if you have a wide windows it will show more text, but it is not as it will be showed in the eReader screen.

Does anybody know of any tool or any way to format text and see them as they will be showed in the device?

Thanks..
FS
Tibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:58 AM   #2
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
You can use, for example, the Mobipocket Reader to see how will it look in a 6" screen.

About formatation, unless you make a PDF, you can't control it. People can choose another font size and style, for example, that would totally unformat the initial design.

But wait for the answers of our fellow book uploaders.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:05 AM   #3
Tibor
Enthusiast
Tibor began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
You can use, for example, the Mobipocket Reader to see how will it look in a 6" screen.

About formatation, unless you make a PDF, you can't control it. People can choose another font size and style, for example, that would totally unformat the initial design.

But wait for the answers of our fellow book uploaders.
Well, I want the ebook for myseft. It is not for distribution. So I know in advance what format and what font size I will use.
Tibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:38 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor View Post
Well, I want the ebook for myseft. It is not for distribution. So I know in advance what format and what font size I will use.
you can always use preview feature of either calibre or the sony library application to check the formatting ; i believe they are as close as you can get to the device's display, without putting it on the actual device. however that means you must export from time to time the correct format, not check as you are working.

maybe someone else will have a better solution.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:26 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
eBook Library will show you how it looks on the screen. The only difference is that on the computer screen it will look larger. But the proportions are correct for the 6" screen.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you create a MobiPocket book, you won't normally specify any font information in the book itself - the user decides for him or herself what font to use and at what size.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
If it's really just for yourself, and you want to format it in a specific way, I'd suggest PDF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor View Post
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #8
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I see that you have a PRS505, Tibor.
If you use Book Designer, then just make a Sony Reader book (LRF) and check the layout in the Ebook library software. If you click on the square box at the bottom of the Ebook Library viewing page then you get a very convenient page preview.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, format, tool