Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-23-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
plutarion
plutarion can decode base 64 without using a pencil.plutarion can decode base 64 without using a pencil.plutarion can decode base 64 without using a pencil.plutarion can decode base 64 without using a pencil.plutarion can decode base 64 without using a pencil.plutarion can decode base 64 without using a pencil.plutarion can decode base 64 without using a pencil.plutarion can decode base 64 without using a pencil.plutarion can decode base 64 without using a pencil.plutarion can decode base 64 without using a pencil.plutarion can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: different
problem: too much books...

I am having a huge problem here:
I really have a lot of interesting books. Roughly 5000. Epub and PDF.
I read PDF on my tablet, Epub on my Kobo mini.

The problem is:
Most of them are unread. I really would like to read them. Get away from the computer. (I sit on the PC very much)

But the I see the huge amount of books and think...
"Well, I start another time"
I simply cannot decide, which to read. There could always be another better book.
Sometimes I manage to start reading, but loose interest. Then the devices are around somewhere and I find myself before the computer, not reading.

Could you help me?
plutarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 01:41 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
How can someone else help you with time management, or deciding which book to read next? That stuff is all up to you.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2014, 01:43 PM   #3
rollei
Addict
rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Read them when you are at the coffee shop, bus/train, washroom, waiting in line, etc.
rollei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 01:54 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Post a list of the books and we'll decide what we think you should read.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 02:11 PM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
hahahaha I put my To Be Read in A - Z by Author. When I get to the next author I check online for Series... & when I find one I lose interest in I Delete! Not in a series but Author! or maybe that Series the authors writing. & if I find an author I like I move the books out of TBR to Authors collection as I read them. IF its an author or series I really like at some point I going to endup re-reading them again.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2014, 02:15 PM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Doesn't Calibre have a "choose a random book" feature? You could make a separate library (or column) for "have read" books and move them when you're done.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Post a list of the books and we'll decide what we think you should read.

He's right.

If you can't decide, then I'll decide for you. Forget about everyone else on Mobileread. I'll tell you exactly what to read and then I'll give you a test afterwards.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #8
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Read what you enjoy. Don't read it if it bores you.

Reading is a pleasure, not a duty, no matter what some snob tells you.

Just read because it interests you, or excites you, or makes you laugh.

Except you MUST read 'Three Men in a Boat.' Yes, you must. You'll thank me later.

khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:07 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Doesn't Calibre have a "choose a random book" feature? You could make a separate library (or column) for "have read" books and move them when you're done.

If you cannot decide on a book, the only real solution is to just pick one already. You cannot hold off on reading just because you are afraid there might be a better book -- you can get to that one next, if it shows its face.

Picking one at random can help you overcome that indecision...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:26 PM   #10
Nabeel
Zealot
Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Kate's right. Enjoy it.

But I suppose you might think about stretching yourself. How about dividing them into categories, and then randomly choose one from each category?

Whenever I have to face an impossibly long list of things to do, I try to start with the one I least want to do, on the grounds that things will only get better.
Nabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #11
Nabeel
Zealot
Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
PS. Shouldn't it be 'too many books'? Maybe you should try an introduction to English grammar next? ... Just joking.
Nabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #12
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I have the same problem, but I've never considered it to be a problem.

Pick one and read it. Enjoy. Repeat.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:58 PM   #13
Cosimo
Groupie
Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by plutarion View Post
,,,Could you help me?
Erm...No.
Cosimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:04 PM   #14
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I have the same problem, but I've never considered it to be a problem.

Pick one and read it. Enjoy. Repeat.
Yep, I have a TBR list, but for the most part it really depends on my mood at a given moment which book I will read next. Sometimes I sort through my reading list, moving books up and down until I see one and think I think I'll try this. I'm very willing to start a book and then move on to another book if it doesn't grab my attention. I can always come back to a book when I'm in a different mood. Other times I get on a kick for a particular subject, series or genre.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:19 PM   #15
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
To many books is not a problem. To few books, now that is a problem.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote