Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #16
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
The best (and simplest way) I found is to import the PDF with Mobipocket creator.

It does an excellent job of removing headers and footers.

After it creates a PRC file, just convert it to EPUB or whatever format you prefer.

Cheers

Art
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:03 AM   #17
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->L2->iOS/CBW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallFlagg View Post
I don't know about the software your using, but I use acrobat pro and usually I crop the header and footer first. Then I go to the document tab and choose examine document. After it searches the doc, it list the items it has found. I uncheck metadata and bookmarks as I don't usually want those removed. I do however wish to remove hidden data, which is the header and footers I can no longer view. After that I can convert it with Calibre. The software your using should offer a way to remove the hidden data once you have cropped your document. I hope this helps
Thanks so much for this info. This is a great way to do it until calibre gets a gui interface for header removal.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert