Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #196
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Thank you for your update Zelda. I'm glad our community - and its concern and grief - was included in Pat's memorial.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:37 PM   #197
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Thanks for the update, Zelda
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 06:05 PM   #198
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I'm glad to hear about the service. I was a little slow to notice, but I'm glad the uploaded book section has been renamed. Thinking of all of us who are thinking of her...
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #199
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Thank you Zeldinha. you are so warm. A big hug from your friend.
Je t'embrasse fort.
Beppe
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:03 PM   #200
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

i did go to the service and the burial. the service was sad but nonetheless really lovely, i think it was a worthy tribute to her.
Thank you from all of us that couldn't go.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #201
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
*Big hugs*, Zelda. Thank you for representing Patricia's many MR friends at her service.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #202
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Thanks again for the update Zelda.

I'm sure that you were there first and foremost as a friend of Patricia, but I do feel happy that somebody from MR was there.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:26 PM   #203
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Thanks you, Zelda, for sharing that. It's too bad that in this worldwide community there are many of us who couldn't be there in person, but we're all grateful that you could be there for us.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #204
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Great idea, I just did do that, i.e. give her maximum (well-deserved) karma!!! I chose her last post in the Light a Virtual Candle thread!
I liked this idea so much, I've been trying to go in after every three times I give karma (it won't let me do it more often!) Plus, you have to find other posts to apply it to, because you can only apply karma to a specific post once.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 09-19-2010 at 07:30 PM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:14 PM   #205
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy
...explaining a bit about the forum and what her involvement was, and read a few of the messages from this thread. i am glad that after she made such a difference here, mobileread was represented in her memorial.
As I see it it was a great honour for all of us as members, to having the community been included in said tribute by the readings you mentioned. I will not arrogate to express my thanks for this honour on behalf of MR as an entity, since Its Alex' baby and I am sure he will or quietly already has done. Instead of that I want to express my personal thanks to everyone whose remarks has been mentioned - just a thank from member to other members - for making this possible.

And I wanted to thank YOU dear Zippy:
You suffer.
It's hard enough to speak, the more is to write about things really painful and hurting
doing this in a language which is not the maternal one is even more work and pain for the tortured mind
You do all this for us and the sound of your fingers on the keys is accompanied by a whispering *tap tap* of your tears on the keyboard. Every tear a sacrifice. Every tear a debt no one of us can ever pay back.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:49 AM   #206
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Thanks Z ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:00 AM   #207
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Merci; bises.
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:48 AM   #208
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
As I see it it was a great honour for all of us as members, to having the community been included in said tribute by the readings you mentioned. I will not arrogate to express my thanks for this honour on behalf of MR as an entity, since Its Alex' baby and I am sure he will or quietly already has done. Instead of that I want to express my personal thanks to everyone whose remarks has been mentioned - just a thank from member to other members - for making this possible.

And I wanted to thank YOU dear Zippy:
You suffer.
It's hard enough to speak, the more is to write about things really painful and hurting
doing this in a language which is not the maternal one is even more work and pain for the tortured mind
You do all this for us and the sound of your fingers on the keys is accompanied by a whispering *tap tap* of your tears on the keyboard. Every tear a sacrifice. Every tear a debt no one of us can ever pay back.
Well said...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #209
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i did go to the service and the burial. the service was sad but nonetheless really lovely, i think it was a worthy tribute to her.

and, something that i found really touching, and which i am sure you will all appreciate as well, one person spoke about Patricia's participation here, explaining a bit about the forum and what her involvement was, and read a few of the messages from this thread. i am glad that after she made such a difference here, mobileread was represented in her memorial.

i'm back home now, still a bit under the shock of it all. i'll be thinking of her a lot in the coming days and weeks.
Thank you so much, z-chan. I've been thinking of you a lot this week.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:05 PM   #210
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
I just saw this news and I'm so shocked and sorry! I loved the work Patricia did here, and so many of the books she loved and brought to us were books I loved too. What a gift. We hold you in heart and prayer, Patricia.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote