Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-26-2016, 07:55 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
What does everyone think of the new white Kindle Paperwhite?

Amazon is about to announce a white Kindle Paperwhite.

What do you think of the idea? Would you buy one?

Edit: The Digital Reader

Last edited by Nate the great; 04-26-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:02 AM   #2
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Would you buy one?
Nope I don't own anything white, not about to start anytime soon...
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2016, 08:33 AM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I would, if I was to buy a Paperwhite. Since I have a Voyage, no.

I had a white Kobo Mini and a white Kobo Glo, loved them both! (Had a black of each at the same time, liked the white better).
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:46 AM   #4
newkindlefun
Connoisseur
newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen (2015)
Where does it say they're announcing a white PW?
newkindlefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:48 AM   #5
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
I would like white for a change. The very first kindle I bought, the 2i, was white. My iPad has a white border. The only thing is that if you have a grayish screen, the white border makes it look even more gray. Not a problem with the light turned up, I wouldn't have thought. Someone here did a mock-up of a white Voyage which looked seamless - I'd buy that if it appeared in real life.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2016, 08:50 AM   #6
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Probably not. I had a white Sony T1. But it spent most of its time in a decal because it had too much bezel glare. Once I covered up the white, I was happier. Having the white up against the grey of the T1's screen emphasized how grey the screen was.

When I sold the T1, I removed the decal. It had left orange rub marks in the corners (in spite of being in a cover). So that's another strike against white - they get dingy and pick up color transfer.

My T2 is the red/burgundy, although it wears a decal, too. Sony and their shiny bezels...
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:57 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I hate white devices. I buy matte black whenever possible.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:00 AM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkindlefun View Post
Where does it say they're announcing a white PW?
I found the pages on Amazon sites in China and Japan.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:01 AM   #9
newkindlefun
Connoisseur
newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

...link? Screenshot?
Old 04-26-2016, 09:14 AM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
...link? Screenshot?
Uh, Amazon.cn? Amazon.co.jp?
Old 04-26-2016, 09:17 AM   #11
newkindlefun
Connoisseur

Oh, it's right there! I thought it was a leak of some kind that's gone now, like with Oasis. Hmmm. I dunno. Does anyone have any translations? I would buy it if the contrast is good. I don't like the gray screen with the white border
Old 04-26-2016, 09:18 AM   #12
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
https://www.amazon.cn/kindle-store/d..._1_1080_KINDLE

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B017DOURQ...f_rd_i=desktop

Shari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhitePWChina.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	148231   Click image for larger version

Name:	WhitePWJP.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	148232  

Last edited by shalym; 04-26-2016 at 09:20 AM.
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:18 AM   #13
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Link

The basic is available in white, too.

Looking at the pics again, I have to say I'd be very tempted to get a white PW, even though I don't need one. Pretty!

Last edited by booklover6; 04-26-2016 at 09:23 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:20 AM   #14
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Link

The basic is available in white, too.
That came out last year.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #15
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Oh, it's right there! I thought it was a leak of some kind that's gone now, like with Oasis. Hmmm. I dunno. Does anyone have any translations? I would buy it if the contrast is good. I don't like the gray screen with the white border
Yes, that's why I mentioned it but didn't post anything.

Maybe I should have been more clear up front.