Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-07-2013, 05:43 AM   #1
Jason_54
Jan from Holland
Jason_54 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Request: copy author_sort in mutiple books

Very often I am copying the author sort name to the author name. In Calibre I can do this easily within the author maintenance, but then it act on all books, which takes a while. I would like this feature in the bulk edit dialog (on multiple books) if it is possible.
Jason_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_54 View Post
Very often I am copying the author sort name to the author name. In Calibre I can do this easily within the author maintenance, but then it act on all books, which takes a while. I would like this feature in the bulk edit dialog (on multiple books) if it is possible.
Exists
Tick Auto set author sort. This will Update the author sort for all books selected to the current rules set in Preferences (and tweaks). The Authors do not have to be the same as long as you do not fill in the Authors box
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2013, 02:16 AM   #3
Jason_54
Jan from Holland

But I want to update the 'author' field, not the 'author sort' field. A copy from all author sort values to the author field, for the selected books.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:45 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Using the Quality Check plugin you can perform Fix ==> Swap author FN LN <-> LN, FN if what you mean is set author from author sort, rather than copy.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #5
Jason_54
Jan from Holland

Thanxs for your answer. No, I ment copy. Most of the times the author sort is okay and I like all books to have the author also in the lastname. firstname format. So a copy then is okay. I can do this two ways: in editing one book at the time and then with the copy button or within Manage Authors for all books. But the plugin could do the work so I'll look into it.
Advert
Old 12-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You can use the Bulk Edit Metadata dialog to do this. In the Search and Replace Tab use the following entries:

Search Field: author_sort
Search Mode: Regular Expression
Search For: (.*)
Replace With: \1
Destination field: authors
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:34 AM   #7
Jason_54
Jan from Holland

Merci, this works okay. I've saved this script so I can repeat it. Thanks for your support!