Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-03-2009, 05:38 AM   #1
PBook UA
PBook UA
PBook UA doesn't litterPBook UA doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook
Newcomer

Hello to everybody who adores PocketBooks. Since now I am in your team! I am a representative of PocketBook Company in Ukraine. If you have any questions about PocketBooks, you are wellcom to ask without any hasitations. Have a nice reading!))
PBook UA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:13 AM   #2
Hogan
Zealot
Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Motorola Xoom
Hi, welcome to the forums!

I guess my biggest question is, when will the 302 be available? I'm waiting patiently, trying not to dive in and buy a Sony Touch 600

Do you know what price it will be in the UK?

Thanks.
Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:26 AM   #3
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBook UA View Post
Hello to everybody who adores PocketBooks. Since now I am in your team! I am a representative of PocketBook Company in Ukraine. If you have any questions about PocketBooks, you are wellcom to ask without any hasitations. Have a nice reading!))
Hey, welcome to the forums!

I have to admit the PB360 seems like an outstanding device. I am going to order one from the German distributer (I am in NL).

I was wondering, although FBReader is a great app, are there any plans to consider porting CoolReader3 onto the PocketBook as well?

I personally prefer it as I use it on my Hanlin V3 clone - but it would be nice to have the option on the PB360. I'm sure your developers could do a good job. Thanks!
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #4
Kellhus
Kellhus began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Hello to everybody who adores PocketBooks. Since now I am in your team! I am a representative of PocketBook Company in Ukraine. If you have any questions about PocketBooks, you are wellcom to ask without any hasitations. Have a nice reading!)
My questions concern Pocketbook 301:
1. I've read somewhere that .rtf files loose formatting when reading them on Pocketbook - is that true?
2. Playing audiobooks - let's say I' ve got an audiobook that consists of 4 big files. Will I be able to pause in the middle of the file and resume from there, after I turn off the reader?
3. Is there an official distributor in Poland or will be in the near future?

Thanks
Kellhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Welcome to the Mobileread.
It is great to have you here.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
PBook UA
PBook UA

Hello Hogan. PB 302 is available at the beginnig of 2010. So far we can not tell you the price, its not set till now. As soon as we know the price, I will let you know!)
Old 12-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #7
PBook UA
PBook UA

Thanks a lot kacir!) Hope I will be in need.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #8
PBook UA
PBook UA

Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
Hey, welcome to the forums!

I have to admit the PB360 seems like an outstanding device. I am going to order one from the German distributer (I am in NL).

I was wondering, although FBReader is a great app, are there any plans to consider porting CoolReader3 onto the PocketBook as well?

I personally prefer it as I use it on my Hanlin V3 clone - but it would be nice to have the option on the PB360. I'm sure your developers could do a good job. Thanks!
It is outstanding! Will let you know about Coolreader3 tomorrow. Thank you for waiting!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #9
PBook UA
PBook UA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellhus View Post
My questions concern Pocketbook 301:
1. I've read somewhere that .rtf files loose formatting when reading them on Pocketbook - is that true?
2. Playing audiobooks - let's say I' ve got an audiobook that consists of 4 big files. Will I be able to pause in the middle of the file and resume from there, after I turn off the reader?
3. Is there an official distributor in Poland or will be in the near future?

Thanks
Hello Kellhus. Thank you for your interest! 1. PocketBook reads more then 16 formats including RTF.
3. Unfortunately we dont have official distributor in Poland so far, the closest is in Moldova
Old 12-03-2009, 11:57 AM   #10
Hogan
Zealot
Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBook UA View Post
Hello Hogan. PB 302 is available at the beginnig of 2010. So far we can not tell you the price, its not set till now. As soon as we know the price, I will let you know!)
Thanks PBook UA. Is there any chance you can be more specific than "the beginning of 2010"? Do you think it will be available in January?

The reason I'm pushing for a date is that I want to get an eReader soon, but I'm willing to wait until January, if I could be sure that its going to be available by then. If it wasnt going to be out until say February or March then I'd probably go with the Sony PRS 600 for now.

Thanks.

Hogan
Old 12-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #11
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
I am curious about the possible use of the SDK to port applications like CoolReader3, but I haven't even looked into it as the development forums are almost entirely Russian. Does anyone else here have experience with development (or the possibilities provided by the SDK).
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #12
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganK View Post
I am curious about the possible use of the SDK to port applications like CoolReader3, but I haven't even looked into it as the development forums are almost entirely Russian. Does anyone else here have experience with development (or the possibilities provided by the SDK).
You can find the SDK here:

http://pocketbook-free.sourceforge.net/en/sdk.shtml

There are several apps available for download from the same website; they can give you can example of what is possible with the device.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #13
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
Thanks PBook UA. Is there any chance you can be more specific than "the beginning of 2010"? Do you think it will be available in January?

The reason I'm pushing for a date is that I want to get an eReader soon, but I'm willing to wait until January, if I could be sure that its going to be available by then. If it wasnt going to be out until say February or March then I'd probably go with the Sony PRS 600 for now.

Thanks.

Hogan
Forkosigan has explained some days ago that Pocketbook did not like the quality of the 302 the way it was made by Netronix. They did not like the glaring screen, most of all. So they wanted some changes that are executed now. Therefore it will be quite difficult to tell exactly when the device will be available.

I, for one do like the FBReader, but would like to see all the features of version 10.7 integrated in the PB version!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #14
Hogan
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Forkosigan has explained some days ago that Pocketbook did not like the quality of the 302 the way it was made by Netronix. They did not like the glaring screen, most of all. So they wanted some changes that are executed now. Therefore it will be quite difficult to tell exactly when the device will be available.
Thanks. It sounds like it wont be available in January 2010. Disappointing, but I understand why they are delaying the launch. I think I'll go ahead and pick up a Sony Touch 600.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #15
SciFiFan
Connoisseur
SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PocketBook 360° (silbrig-weiss)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganK View Post
Yes, I have successfully compiled some programs from the SDK, compiled the fbreader emulator, modified fbreader to my needs (mainly small bugfixes) and also written some test apps. Just place them in the "games" folder and they will show up under the programs icon on the device. You can also put fbreader.app in directory system\bin to replace the built-in reader. So if you port CoolReader3, just name it fbreader.app and place it there to replace fbreader. Currently I don't have any intention to port CoolReader3 because I'm very satisfied with fbreader.

Btw, you can read the Russian forums via Google translate (http://translate.google.com/ ), I did this to get some initial information about the SDK.

What you need to develop is the SDK listed above, and then you can normally compile either for the emulator or the device. There are usually two batch files, one for each, makeemu.bat and makearm.bat. There is a sample program in the "sources" subdir which shows a bit how to use the inkview library to draw on the screen. The functions are in inkview.h. Essentially you draw in some kind of background buffer, then call FullUpdate or PartialUpdate to put the changes on the screen with or without inverting.

Just ask if you have any additional questions.
SciFiFan is offline   Reply With Quote