Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #31
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
My pre-order was placed and confirmed via email on the 16th. A temporary CC pre-authorization was posted on 4/17. On 4/20 that pre-auth disappeared and there has been no activity whatsoever from Kobo. A phone call confirmed my order is indeed in their system. I am very spoiled by Amazon's excellent customer service -- they rule when it comes to e-commerce.
Boy isn't that the truth! I've been totally spoiled by Amazon's stellar CS. When I talked to the Kobo rep on Sunday I asked about their return policy - I was told that you can only return it if it's faulty/broken! So not product satisfaction guarentee???
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #32
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louden View Post
FYI, I got a shipping notice today from Kobo. I ordered (onyx) on 4/16, got an invoice on 4/17 and now have a tracking number that the Canadian post office says is 4-10 business days out.

I can put the tracking number into the USPS website, and it shows the kobo is in Toronto.
Excellent!!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #33
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louden View Post
FYI, I got a shipping notice today from Kobo. I ordered (onyx) on 4/16, got an invoice on 4/17 and now have a tracking number that the Canadian post office says is 4-10 business days out.

I can put the tracking number into the USPS website, and it shows the kobo is in Toronto.
Forgot to ask, what state are you in?? I'm on the East Coast so I wonder if the 4-10 business days is for anywhere in the U.S. or specific to your location?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #34
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
Ordered on the 16th and my credit card immediately showed pending...it still showed pending even after I got the shipping notice on the 19th, but later in the day is showed as a charge. And yesterday morning (the 22nd) it arrived! The case I ordered on the 20th hasn't shipped yet, but the credit card shows pending charge.

I love this reader! Even better than the Glo. The screen is beautiful and it's a joy to read on. I like the larger screen size. Really nice device (and getting t a week earlier than I expected is sweet!)
Selina4books - you've been holding out on us!! We need details!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #35
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
My opinion of Kobo has been confirmed -- they are incompetent. I ordered on the 16th, confirmed via email with a pre-charge on the cc. And then they lost my order. NO record of it. Things happen, but the poor handling of such things is inexcusable. I telephoned requesting status and was asked to wait "one minute" and the rep returned 27 minutes later with all the canned talking points. Sorry, blah, blah.

I've had customer service problems with them before (ebooks) but thought I'd give them one more try.

My mistake.

Go Amazon...
Sadly that sounds very reminiscent of my experience...it's definately leaving a bad taste in my mouth...
Old 04-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #36
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I ordered mine on the 16th, the charge was posted to my credit card on the 19th.

I contacted Kobo asking for the order status yesterday, and was told the order was "in progress," and when I asked specifically if it was shipped, I was told it was not.

Today I received a shipment email at about noon. I clicked on the tracking number, and it said delivered. I looked outside, and sure enough the box was sitting outside my front door.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #37
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Boy isn't that the truth! I've been totally spoiled by Amazon's stellar CS. When I talked to the Kobo rep on Sunday I asked about their return policy - I was told that you can only return it if it's faulty/broken! So not product satisfaction guarentee???
Can they do that? I found this link about return.
http://www.kobo.com/help/koboglo/res...or%20eReaders?
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #38
louden
louden began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST/Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Forgot to ask, what state are you in?? I'm on the East Coast so I wonder if the 4-10 business days is for anywhere in the U.S. or specific to your location?
I'm in Seattle, Washington
louden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #39
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
They supposedly have a 30-day return policy but I've never heard them disclose it is conditional on a faulty/inoperative device (at least not to me).

Cancelling may be the better choice.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #40
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david8866 View Post
I'm not a lawyer but the questionable statement is this one:

Items that can be returned may be refunded up to 30 days from their shipment date.

"Can" being their definition.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #41
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Today I received a shipment email at about noon. I clicked on the tracking number, and it said delivered. I looked outside, and sure enough the box was sitting outside my front door.
This gives me slight hope that my Aura will be waiting for me when I get home. I have yet to receive a shipping notification. Despite the lack of shipping email, I had hoped to receive the reader by Wednesday.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #42
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
I ordered mine on the 16th, the charge was posted to my credit card on the 19th.

I contacted Kobo asking for the order status yesterday, and was told the order was "in progress," and when I asked specifically if it was shipped, I was told it was not.

Happy to hear you did not have any problems. If you haven't already, please post your impressions.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #43
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:

LUCKY!!!! Well, now you need to give us details on it since you have it in your hot little hands!!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #44
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by david8866 View Post
Did you happen to notice that it says "Items that CAN be returned...." They don't identify what can be versus can't be returned...and what's up with the "30 days from shipment date"??
Old 04-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #45
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
This gives me slight hope that my Aura will be waiting for me when I get home. I have yet to receive a shipping notification. Despite the lack of shipping email, I had hoped to receive the reader by Wednesday.
I was hoping the same, but alas, no Aura HD on my doorstep! Can't wait to see it.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote