Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
jflatto
jflatto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, ipad 2
Reprocessing Calibre Folder

I am in the process of organizing my ebook collection using Calibre 0.7.6. I have processed about 35 authors already with many more to go.

I noticed that in some of the authors I have processed, that some of the books in multiple formats also include "zip" format. I would like to extract any zipped folders. Will Calibre automatically recognize the extracted files or will I need to have Calibre re-examine the folders manually.

All of these books are "inside" the Calibre folder on my computer.

Thanks.
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflatto View Post
I noticed that in some of the authors I have processed, that some of the books in multiple formats also include "zip" format. I would like to extract any zipped folders. Will Calibre automatically recognize the extracted files or will I need to have Calibre re-examine the folders manually.
The book files in the Calibre Library should not be messed with directly. Only through the Calibre interface itself. This is Calibre's database structure and bad things might happen if you start mucking around manually in this library.

Whenever you add a HTML book calibre grabs up all pertinent items such as images, index, multiple html pages and zips them into one package. This is the method Calibre uses for handling html.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-03-2010 at 08:12 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert