Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-04-2009, 10:01 AM   #31
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
It is beautiful, although I dislike the headers myself; personal preference of a book barbarian, I'm sure. It just seems like wasted space; I' not prone to suddenly forgetting where I was in a book and who wrote it.

But it all goes to sh~t the moment you press the zoom button. Why would this matter? One of the great benefits of the reader for my mother is that despite worsening eyesight she can still read in a zoomed mode. It has given her the ability to read again. Even I like to change to a bigger font in the evening when my eyes are tired. It is one of the great things about ebooks IMHO.

I've watched the various suggestions in the PDF thread on how to combat this (stuffing multiple versions in a single file, for instance) but they all seem like kludges. Anyhow, it has certainly given me food for thought (and something to read!), so thanks
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #32
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
It is beautiful, although I dislike the headers myself; personal preference of a book barbarian, I'm sure. It just seems like wasted space; I' not prone to suddenly forgetting where I was in a book and who wrote it.

But it all goes to sh~t the moment you press the zoom button. Why would this matter? One of the great benefits of the reader for my mother is that despite worsening eyesight she can still read in a zoomed mode. It has given her the ability to read again. Even I like to change to a bigger font in the evening when my eyes are tired. It is one of the great things about ebooks IMHO.

I've watched the various suggestions in the PDF thread on how to combat this (stuffing multiple versions in a single file, for instance) but they all seem like kludges. Anyhow, it has certainly given me food for thought (and something to read!), so thanks
You're very welcome.

Thanks for your other comments, they have given me some food for thought as well. I might do some experimentation with this and that, and if I figure out anything that works well, it will make it into my next eBook (and probably the next version of this one as well).

In the meantime, the large print version of this eBook is here... not a perfect solution, but it might work for your mom. (Assuming she'd read this sort of book.) If you want me to make an 18pt version for her, let me know.
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #33
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
She's a huge literature snob, and my continued fascination with SF and other pulp annoys her to no end (but isn't that the task of a good son? what would mothers do if they couldn't complain?)

Thanks so much for the offer to fix up an 18 pt version; for me the link to the larger version will do just fine. I don't know if she has read it and probably won't discuss it, next thing you know she'll have me bugging people left and right for large-screen fixed layout versions
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #34
fernandokde
fernandokde began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs-505
It took me some months to read all the 5534 pages, but it was a great pleasure. Many people read several books from here and forget to thank the ones who provided for free this pleasure for them, so thank you for this epic formating of the casanova's memoirs.

fernandokde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #35
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Great, now you can read the original French manuscript and find the differences
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #36
fernandokde
fernandokde began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs-505
Actually I have this project, but my french it's not good enough yet.
fernandokde is offline   Reply With Quote