Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-02-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Got snow?

Here in SE PA we got about a half a foot today...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
nope, not here.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Same here in Lower NEPA. WHY DID I NOT SEE THIS COMING???

Argh! I need cigarettes!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Same here in Lower NEPA. WHY DID I NOT SEE THIS COMING???

Argh! I need cigarettes!
Got smokes?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

argh !! i want a cigarette right now too, and i don't have any.
Advert
Old 03-02-2009, 02:23 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
argh !! i want a cigarette right now too, and i don't have any.

Not to rub it in or anything, but I just rolled a cigarette, brewed some coffee, and am now settling in for my nightly writing stint. I feel your pain, nothing worse than wanting a smoke and not having any nearby.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:30 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

i'm seriously tempted to go buy some.

(officially, i don't smoke anymore. but i'm cranky tonight, annoying work thing. that makes me want to smoke.)
Old 03-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #8
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
We always have snow. That's why it's called The IceBox.

farking winter.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #9
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
We always have snow. That's why it's called The IceBox.

farking winter.
The town I'm in hasn't seen a proper snowfall for around 20 years. Nothing. Nada. Zip. We used to have proper snow when I was a kid, and at X-Mas too. Now it's the occasional peppering during winter that quickly turns to mush. Damn, I miss being able to make a snowman or go sledding.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm seriously tempted to go buy some.

(officially, i don't smoke anymore. but i'm cranky tonight, annoying work thing. that makes me want to smoke.)
I wouldn't smoke if I lived in Paris too. Last time I was there it was like 5 euro a pack.

The guy who plows are driveway is coming by later. My mom doesn't think he smokes (chews instead), but I'm seriously tempted to give him a twenty to go and pick me up a pack.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #11
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
I wouldn't smoke if I lived in Paris too. Last time I was there it was like 5 euro a pack.

The guy who plows are driveway is coming by later. My mom doesn't think he smokes (chews instead), but I'm seriously tempted to give him a twenty to go and pick me up a pack.
Speaking a physician, now would be an excellent time to contemplate quitting.

ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! Quit hitting!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:

yep, it's really expensive. they raised the prices a lot in the past few years, theoretically as a deterrent. i don't think that's going to deter anyone who REALLY wants to smoke, but combined with a lot of rather prominent anti-smoking campaigns and a general shift in the zeitgeist smokers are now suprisingly almost a minority. i used to not know anybody who didn't smoke (except for myself, before i started) ; now, i hardly know anybody who *does* smoke.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #13
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Speaking a physician, now would be an excellent time to contemplate quitting.

ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! Quit hitting!
That's what my mom said. Then she said maybe I should start drinking since I don't have any smokes.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
That's what my mom said. Then she said maybe I should start drinking since I don't have any smokes.

heh. i was planning on drinking instead of smoking tonight. but actually all this talk of it has made me want to smoke MORE, and i think what tiny shred of willpower i have is about to crack, and off to buy cigarettes i will go.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

then i can smoke AND drink.