Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #736
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhairgal View Post
Has any progress been made with the encryption tied to the hardware (this was prior to Adobe creating individual user accounts). I have a very old and valuable PDf that's tied to a very old hard drive that's clacking.....
My understanding is if you have these types of PDFs on a machine, and you install ADE on that machine and authorize it to your Adobe ID account... that it can convert the protection of these PDFs from machine specific to Adobe ID protected.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #737
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
My understanding is if you have these types of PDFs on a machine, and you install ADE on that machine and authorize it to your Adobe ID account... that it can convert the protection of these PDFs from machine specific to Adobe ID protected.
Unfortunately, not any more. The servers that allowed this to happen were turned off after December 15th, 2009.

See this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64457
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #738
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Unfortunately, not any more. The servers that allowed this to happen were turned off after December 15th, 2009.

See this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64457
Ah... bummer. I guess CUT-N-PASTE...

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #739
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
where can i find the last versión of ineptpdf and ineptepub, because i have ineptkey 4.3 and ineptpdf 3 and i amn't able to undescripte the archive pdf?

Thanks
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #740
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Google for ineptpdf 7.4 and ineptepub 4.1.
And the stream-recorder forum has some more specific links.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 09:38 AM   #741
GrimmReaper
GrimmReaper began at the beginning.

Device: All readers on desktop/HP iPAQ, Bookshelf on iPhone, iPad or HP tablet
PRINT FIRST Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorpler View Post
Aah, I bet that's it. PDF files downloaded by Acrobat 6 and Acrobat 7 are slightly different than those downloaded directly by Digital Editions. The old "find 'Print First' in the PDF file and modify it, then open it in Acrobat 6" trick wouldn't work in Digital Editions-downloaded files, because there was no "Print First" line to find.

If there's no way to re-download the PDF with Digital Editions, it may require another version of the script to strip the DRM...
I have 4 PDF books that I CAN NOT re-download and they DO NOT work with ADE (any version). Torques me . I opened one in a hex editor and found characteristics at the end of the file and it includes "PRINT FIRST =". I also found in there that it is using RC4 for security. What do I need to do to the line(s) so that I can open it with Acro 8 or something so I can read these books I bought so long ago.

Also, to confirm, the snake scripts will not work on the file(s) which prompted me to snoop around inside them.

Thank you for any further help on this matter.
GrimmReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:51 AM   #742
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Has any progress been made with the encryption tied to the hardware (this was prior to Adobe creating individual user accounts). I have a very old and valuable PDf that's tied to a very old hard drive that's clacking.....
If it's an Adobe Acrobat 5 DRM file you might search for 'Advanced EBook Processor 2.2" (google is your friend). For later versions you're out of luck (the script doesn't support Adobe Acrobat protection (or better to say: the key retrieval - the protection method is probably the same).
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:11 AM   #743
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

double post ...
Old 04-23-2010, 08:12 AM   #744
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
You might copy the complete harddisk as an image to your new harddisk (for instance with the dd Linux command or DriveImage cloner). Also you might read out the harddisk serial number (use a Windows tool), keep your current hardware and decide later how to proceed.

By the way with Adobe 7 existed a method (a security glitch) to save a crypted pdf. You loose all metadata (like Toc Links etc.) but you might give it a try.

You can also use the open source tool Bookshooter. It automatically grabs a selected screenzone, makes a screenshot and press to the next page.

Last edited by joblack; 04-23-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #745
joblack
Wizard

Quote:

and it's impossible to re-download. Amazon removed it from it's bookshelf and from the users who purchased it! (yeah your digital books will be there forever, NOT).
Thanks,
red
Here is a solution for your problem (if you already have activated and own Adobe 6 (not 5 or 7).

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Adobe/Gal...zon-remedy.txt
Old 05-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #746
RWJ
Zealot
RWJ doesn't litterRWJ doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
OK, forgive me if this is a dumb question, but - I've checked out an Adopt DE file (extension .acsm) and want to strip the DRM so I can read it on another platform (other than my laptop, on which I can open it no problem.) Do files with this extension fall into the category discusses here, or are they a totally different entity?
RWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #747
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWJ View Post
OK, forgive me if this is a dumb question, but - I've checked out an Adopt DE file (extension .acsm) and want to strip the DRM so I can read it on another platform (other than my laptop, on which I can open it no problem.) Do files with this extension fall into the category discusses here, or are they a totally different entity?
.acsm files are not encrypted ebooks. They are files used by ADE to download the encrypted ebooks. You'll need to find where the encrypted ebooks that are downloaded by ADE are stored on your computer. On Macs it's in the Documents folder, inside a folder called "Digital Editions".
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:24 AM   #748
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
A .acsm file is a ticket for an ebook that you have bought. It is used for both PDF and ePub books. So if its is PDF then this thread applies. If it is ePub there is another thread that deals with it.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:19 AM   #749
tetrachroma
tetrachroma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tetrachroma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tetrachroma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Fileopen DRM for PDFs circumvented

More information on my blog at http://tetrachroma.wordpress.com
tetrachroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:36 AM   #750
Gremlin
Gremlin began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin v3
Hi All,

I ran into a strange problem using ineptpdf. I bought a book, downloaded it, got the key with ineptkey and than deciphered it using ineptpdf. Although, the book was deciphered successfully, the book cannot opened with Adobe Acrobat and Foxit Reader opens the deciphered e-book but displays only the even pages and the odd ones are simply blank.

I tried different versions of both ineptpdf and ineptkey to no avail. My best guess is that there is something wrong with the formatting. How do I solve this?
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote