Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-06-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
Icarusflis
Icarusflis began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
finally got it....

Hello;

I finally bought two Cybooks (one for me and a gift for my father) for www.bookeen.com

I am trying to find their telephone number but it is not listed in their website. Do you guys know how can I contact them besides e-mail.

Thanks;

Steve
Icarusflis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:42 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can't. E-mail is it (if you're lucky ).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
Icarusflis

So I gather by your answer that they are not e-mail friendly.....at least I hope that they are a reliable company and that I wont have problems receiving the readers.

Steve
Old 10-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #4
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarusflis View Post
So I gather by your answer that they are not e-mail friendly.....
They seem to be for Harry. Others doesn't seem to be as lucky. So who knows?
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #5
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Well, I've had decent luck, usually getting a reply to questions and query's within a day or two usually.

And while I was unable to find a phone number on the site, doing a whois lookup did yield a number for the companies registered address.

you could try that route if desperate, but they do usually answer questiosn, especially if you just bought something from them
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2008, 01:01 AM   #6
Icarusflis

Is just that I recently had a bad experience with an on-line purchase and I am a little paranoid now when someone doesn't answer my e-mail when I spend meney with them.....I guess I just need attention...

Steve
Old 10-07-2008, 11:59 PM   #7
Icarusflis

No problem with Bookeen, I ll the the cybooks today..

Steve
Old 10-09-2008, 12:09 AM   #8
Icarusflis

I received my Cybook and so far I am happy. The only thing that I miss is a page number so I know where I am and where to go back but besides it the machine looks great.

Steve
Old 10-09-2008, 01:55 AM   #9
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarusflis View Post
I received my Cybook and so far I am happy. The only thing that I miss is a page number so I know where I am and where to go back but besides it the machine looks great.

Steve
Congrats, Glad you're enjoying it.

As for the page numbers or lack of it, well that's a limitation of the Mobi format itself. It does do a Pseudo numbering system, but its not really very accurate.

What I tend to do is Add bookmarks to different places in the book where i might want to go back to. Also, most properly formatted books should have a TOC so if you remember the section or chapter, you should be able to jump to it pretty easily.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote